Willesden scout volunteer jailed for sexually abusing young boys
Pervert was found in possession of child pornography when he was arrested
A pervert who carried out depraved acts on vulnerable boys while working as a volunteer in a scout group in Willesden has been jailed.
Keith David Cutler, 57, sexually abused his victims between 1971 and 1980, with one boy targeted for five years.
Harrow Crown Court heard Cutler was finally snared after one of his victims came forward in March last.
The man, who is now in his 40s, told detectives he was subjected to five years of abuse by Cutler including an assault when they were away on a scout camping trip.
You may also want to watch:
When Cutler was arrested at his home in West Drayton, Middlesex, detectives found him in possession of 238 naked images of children.
Following his arrest a second victim was identified and traced and when police raided Cutler’s home again they found a further 45 indecent images.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 6 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 7 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Stabbed 7-year-old girl meets police officers who saved her life
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
He was subsequently charged and following the publicity a third victim came forward.
Today (Monday) he was jailed for four years for 10 child sex offences between 1971 and 1980 and being in possession of 257 indecent images of children.
He was also placed on the Sex Offenders register for life.
Detective Constable David Gill, investigating officer, said: “The victims in this case have suffered unimaginably for many years. I would like to pay tribute to their immense courage in coming forward, and their overwhelming bravery throughout this investigation.”
Making an appeal for anyone who may have been a victim of Cutler to come forward, he added: “We take allegations of rape and sexual assault extremely seriously regardless of the circumstances and how long ago the offences took place.
“I would like to appeal to any further victims of Keith Cutler or any rape and sexual assault, to contact police. All calls will be treated confidentially. We will ensure that victims receive the maximum support possible and be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.”
Anyone who may have been affected by actions of Keith Cutler is urged to contact the Child Abuse Investigation Command on 020 8733 3572.