Willesden scout volunteer jailed for sexually abusing young boys
Pervert was found in possession of child pornography when he was arrested
A pervert who carried out depraved acts on vulnerable boys while working as a volunteer in a scout group in Willesden has been jailed.
Keith David Cutler, 57, sexually abused his victims between 1971 and 1980, with one boy targeted for five years.
Harrow Crown Court heard Cutler was finally snared after one of his victims came forward in March last.
The man, who is now in his 40s, told detectives he was subjected to five years of abuse by Cutler including an assault when they were away on a scout camping trip.
When Cutler was arrested at his home in West Drayton, Middlesex, detectives found him in possession of 238 naked images of children.
Following his arrest a second victim was identified and traced and when police raided Cutler’s home again they found a further 45 indecent images.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 5 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 6 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 10 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
He was subsequently charged and following the publicity a third victim came forward.
Today (Monday) he was jailed for four years for 10 child sex offences between 1971 and 1980 and being in possession of 257 indecent images of children.
He was also placed on the Sex Offenders register for life.
Detective Constable David Gill, investigating officer, said: “The victims in this case have suffered unimaginably for many years. I would like to pay tribute to their immense courage in coming forward, and their overwhelming bravery throughout this investigation.”
Making an appeal for anyone who may have been a victim of Cutler to come forward, he added: “We take allegations of rape and sexual assault extremely seriously regardless of the circumstances and how long ago the offences took place.
“I would like to appeal to any further victims of Keith Cutler or any rape and sexual assault, to contact police. All calls will be treated confidentially. We will ensure that victims receive the maximum support possible and be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.”
Anyone who may have been affected by actions of Keith Cutler is urged to contact the Child Abuse Investigation Command on 020 8733 3572.