Willesden man died after taking ecstasy at KOKO nightclub in Camden
Inquest hears he had come to London from Italy four months before his death
A Willesden man died just four months after arriving in the UK after taking drugs on a night out with friends in Camden.
St Pancras Coroner’s Court heard Mario Del Duca, of High Street, took a gram of ecstasy while partying at KOKO nightclub in Camden Town on December 17 last year.
The 28-year-old, who came from Italy last August to find a job in the IT industry, emptied an entire gram of MDMA, the active ingredient in ecstasy, into his drink shortly after arriving at the venue at 1am.
Within half an hour he began feeling ill, shaking and sweating profusely.
Concerned for his welfare, his friends took the IT worker to the club’s first aid room and he was then taken to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead, at around 3.30am.
Doctors tried to cool him with ice and a fan and treated him for 90 minutes but he deteriorated shortly after 5am and died.
- 1 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 2 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 3 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 4 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 5 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 6 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
His family flew to the UK to collect his body, but did not attend the inquest yesterday (Tuesday).