Wife of Wembley man accused of murder appears in court
- Credit: Archant
Sheetal Bhayani is married to Rakesh Bhayani who is charged with killing Carole Waugh
The wife of a Wembley man accused of murdering a millionairess and stealing hundreds of thousands of pounds from her bank account appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Sheetal Bhayani, 36, is charged with possessing criminal property relating to the fraud on oil executive Carole Waugh.
Ms Waugh, 50, was last seen alive on April 16 last year and was reported missing by her family a few weeks later.
Her body was found in the boot of a Volkswagen Golf at a lock-up garage in New Malden, south London, on August 2 last year.
You may also want to watch:
Bhayani’s 40-year-old husband Rakesh Bhayani, of Chamberlayne Avenue, Wembley, and Nicholas Kutner, 47, have been charged with Ms Waugh’s murder.
Bhayani is also accused of three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation, relating to the plundering of £280,000 from her accounts.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 9 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 10 Two charities receive cheques from former Brent mayor
Kutner, of no fixed address, is charged with four counts of conspiracy to defraud, including an allegation he posed as Carole Waugh’s brother to try and sell her £650,000 property in Marylebone, west London.
They were not in court as five women and two men appeared in the dock of the Old Bailey accused of taking part in the fraud on Ms Waugh.
Susan O’Shea, 61, from Woodford Green, Julie Witham, 47, from Enfield, Elie Khoury, 39, from Paddington, Debbie Burke, 48, from Hainault, Essex, and Elaine Perkins, 51, from Ilford, are charged with conspiracy to defraud between 15 April and 1 August 2012.
Derek Eastham, 55, from Westminster, is charged with conspiracy to defraud and possession of criminal property namely a quantity of counterfeit currency.
None of the seven defendants, who are all on conditional bail, entered a plea to the charges.
The judge, Mr Justice Fulford, adjourned the plea and case management hearing until March 25.