Man charged with murder as Wembley stabbing victim named
- Credit: Archant
A 62-year-old man stabbed to death in Wembley has been named as Anthony Higgins.
Police were called to Priestly House, in Barnhill Road, at 10.07am on Saturday (September 12) following reports a man had been assaulted.
Victor Osei, 40,, of Barnhill Road, will appear in custody at Willesden Magistrates’ Court today (September 14).
Mr Higgens was found with multiple stab wounds, Scotland Yard said.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
His next of kin has been informed and are being supported by specialist officers.
Police and fire crews were called to Priestly House three hours earlier at 6.53am on Saturday to reports of a noise complaint and a smoke alarm having been activated.
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 4 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 6 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Residents oppose plans for a third slot machine 'casino' in Harlesden
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
A man inside the property was spoken to and officers left the address.
Due to this previous police attendance, the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards has been informed.