Wembley schoolboy acquitted of killing teenager in Feltham
- Credit: Archant
A schoolboy from Wembley has been cleared of stabbing a teenager to death in a park in Feltham.
The 15-year-old, who can not be named for legal reasons, was accused of murdering Jamil Palmer on May 6 this year.
Yesterday a jury at the Old Bailey found the youth not guilty of the killing.
Kishon Zelaya, 18, from Reading, and two 16-year-old boys were also acquitted.
Mohammed Barre, 17, from Hounslow, was found guilty of Jamil’s murder and was jailed for life with a minimum tariff of 17 years.
The Old Bailey heard Jamil and Barre were rivals who had appeared at Feltham Youth Court earlier on the fateful day on a charge of affray over a previous fight.
Barre pleaded guilty to a public order offence and was given a conditional discharge and Jamil pleaded not guilty and was bailed to appear at Kingston Crown Court later that month.
- 1 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 2 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 3 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 6 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Northwick Park NHS Trust still 'requires improvement'
- 9 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
The pair clashed later that day with Jamil suffering three knife wounds including a 9cm deep fatal injury to his heart.
Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh, investigating officer, said: “What started as a petty squabble between two teenagers ended with Jamil paying the ultimate price of losing his life.
“Jamil never stood a chance against his attacker who was armed with a knife.
“Anyone who carries a knife should be the aware of the potentially fatal consequences of their actions.”
Related links: Wembley schoolboy, 15, on trial for Feltham murder