Wembley pervert sentenced for groping teenager on bus
George Chiper, of Grasmere Avenue, sexually assaulted 19-year-old in August
A Wembley man who sexually assaulted a teenager on a bus has been given a suspended jail sentence.
George Chiper, of Grasmere Avenue, groped his 19-year-old victim after eyeing her up at a bus stop in Preston Road near his home on August 12 this year.
The victim, who had felt uneasy while waiting for her bus, boarded the 204 where Chiper sat in front of her, turned to face her and continued staring.
When the woman got out of her seat and stood by the rear doors where Chiper stood next to her where he stroked her hair and touched her intimately before getting off the bus.
You may also want to watch:
The victim and another female passenger who had come to her aid also got off and followed Chiper to his home where they called the police.
Yesterday at Harrow Crown Court he admitted sexual assault and was sentenced to two years in jail suspended for none months.
- 1 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 2 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 3 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 4 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 7 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 8 MP Dawn Butler: Support available to get through lockdown
- 9 'Distress' as eggs thrown at ambulances in Neasden
- 10 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
He was also put on probation and must undertake a sexual offending programme.
PC Nicola Benson from Kilburn Police Station said: “Assaults of this nature are rare but terrifying for the victims. “I hope the sentence goes some way in helping the victim to overcome her trauma but also reassures other victims of sexual assault that if they report the crime it will be investigated thoroughly.”