Wembley pervert sentenced for groping teenager on bus
George Chiper, of Grasmere Avenue, sexually assaulted 19-year-old in August
A Wembley man who sexually assaulted a teenager on a bus has been given a suspended jail sentence.
George Chiper, of Grasmere Avenue, groped his 19-year-old victim after eyeing her up at a bus stop in Preston Road near his home on August 12 this year.
The victim, who had felt uneasy while waiting for her bus, boarded the 204 where Chiper sat in front of her, turned to face her and continued staring.
When the woman got out of her seat and stood by the rear doors where Chiper stood next to her where he stroked her hair and touched her intimately before getting off the bus.
You may also want to watch:
The victim and another female passenger who had come to her aid also got off and followed Chiper to his home where they called the police.
Yesterday at Harrow Crown Court he admitted sexual assault and was sentenced to two years in jail suspended for none months.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 3 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 4 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 5 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 6 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 7 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
He was also put on probation and must undertake a sexual offending programme.
PC Nicola Benson from Kilburn Police Station said: “Assaults of this nature are rare but terrifying for the victims. “I hope the sentence goes some way in helping the victim to overcome her trauma but also reassures other victims of sexual assault that if they report the crime it will be investigated thoroughly.”