Wembley murder: Second man charged in connection with Abdul Hadi Arwani killing
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been charged by detectives investigating the murder of a Syrian-born preacher in Wembley.
Abdul Hadi Arwani, 48, an outspoken critic of the Assad regime in Syria, was found shot dead in a car in the Greenhill at the junction of The Paddocks, on April 7.
Khalid Rashad, 61, of Monks Park, Wembley, has been charged with possession of an explosive substance for an unlawful purpose. He is also accused of possession of ammunition for a firearm without a certificate.
He appeared at Camberwell Green Magistrates’ Court on Saturday where he was remanded to appear at Harrow Crown Court today.
Leslie Cooper, 36, of Nightingale Road, Harlesden, appeared at the Old Bailey last week charged with Mr Arwani’s murder.
You may also want to watch:
A 53-year-old woman arrested in Brent on April 15 on suspicion of the commission, preparation and instigation of acts of terrorism was released on Wednesday with no further action.
A 36-year-old man detained on April 17 on suspicion of conspiracy to murder was bailed to a date in early May.
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 3 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 4 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 5 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Young winners excel at Queen's Park Book Festival
- 8 Crowds flock to Queen's Park Book Festival 2021
- 9 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 10 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'