Wembley man who mowed down police officers and injured woman driver in Harrow is jailed
Michael Wilson, 30, left a scene of destruction during bid to escape cops last summer
A Wembley man who mowed down several police officers and left a woman driver injured during a getaway mission has been jailed for 18 months.
Michael Jason Wilson, of Central Road, knocked over the officers before ploughing into a parked car with a female inside, and smashing into another officer on June 27 last year.
Harrow Crown Court heard the 30-year-old was in his car in Harrow when he spotted the officers approaching his vehicle from behind in his rear view mirror.
He reversed into them causing minor injuries before colliding with the female driver.
You may also want to watch:
In his haste to getaway he accelerated further resulting in him hitting another officer who sustained an injury to his shoulder.
The officers decided not to pursue him as they were concerned about the welfare of the injured woman.
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 6 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 7 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 10 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
A wanted appeal was circulated and he was subsequently arrested and charged.
Last week, he was convicted of dangerous driving and jailed.
He has also been banned from driving for three years
Detective Inspector James McEvoy, from Harrow Police, said: “This was the behaviour of a man who clearly did not want to be stopped by police and his actions to avoid this were not only reckless but extremely dangerous as well.
“I’m only relieved that none of my officers or members of the public were more seriously injured in this incident.
“We welcome this sentence handed to Wilson by the court.”