Wembley man who coshed and stabbed a stranger is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A thug from Wembley who coshed and stabbed a man during a violent unprovoked attack yards from his home has been jailed for eight years.
Sydney Espulien, 20, of Harrow Road, launched his vicious assault on his victim as he waited for a mini-cab with some friends in June last year.
Harrow Crown Court heard a fight had broken out between Espulien and the victim’s friends, and when they fled he turn his attentions on the 22-year-old man chasing him into a shop and stabbing him before fleeing.
He then returned and hit the victim over the head with a heavy object and stabbed him again.
He was caught through forensic evidence gathered at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Espulien initially denied any wrongdoing but last Friday he pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm.
Detective Constable Ama Uppal from Brent CID said: “This sentence demonstrates the seriousness of this case and I am pleased that justice has been done for the victim. This was a violent, unprovoked attack which left the victim with serious injuries that he had to undergo surgery for.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 4 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 10 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
“Thankfully this violent man is behind bars for a few years to come.”