Wembley man who coshed and stabbed a stranger is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A thug from Wembley who coshed and stabbed a man during a violent unprovoked attack yards from his home has been jailed for eight years.
Sydney Espulien, 20, of Harrow Road, launched his vicious assault on his victim as he waited for a mini-cab with some friends in June last year.
Harrow Crown Court heard a fight had broken out between Espulien and the victim’s friends, and when they fled he turn his attentions on the 22-year-old man chasing him into a shop and stabbing him before fleeing.
He then returned and hit the victim over the head with a heavy object and stabbed him again.
He was caught through forensic evidence gathered at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Espulien initially denied any wrongdoing but last Friday he pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm.
Detective Constable Ama Uppal from Brent CID said: “This sentence demonstrates the seriousness of this case and I am pleased that justice has been done for the victim. This was a violent, unprovoked attack which left the victim with serious injuries that he had to undergo surgery for.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 7 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 8 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 9 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year
- 10 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
“Thankfully this violent man is behind bars for a few years to come.”