Wembley man who coshed and stabbed a stranger is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A thug from Wembley who coshed and stabbed a man during a violent unprovoked attack yards from his home has been jailed for eight years.
Sydney Espulien, 20, of Harrow Road, launched his vicious assault on his victim as he waited for a mini-cab with some friends in June last year.
Harrow Crown Court heard a fight had broken out between Espulien and the victim’s friends, and when they fled he turn his attentions on the 22-year-old man chasing him into a shop and stabbing him before fleeing.
He then returned and hit the victim over the head with a heavy object and stabbed him again.
He was caught through forensic evidence gathered at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Espulien initially denied any wrongdoing but last Friday he pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm.
Detective Constable Ama Uppal from Brent CID said: “This sentence demonstrates the seriousness of this case and I am pleased that justice has been done for the victim. This was a violent, unprovoked attack which left the victim with serious injuries that he had to undergo surgery for.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
“Thankfully this violent man is behind bars for a few years to come.”