Wembley man in court accused of murdering American soldier in Iraq
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A terror suspect from Wembley has appeared at the Old Bailey charged with the murder of an American soldier in Iraq in 2007.
Anis Abid Sardar, 38, of Llanover Road, is accused of killing Sgt 1st Class Randy Johnson, 34, who died when a makeshift bomb detonated near his vehicle in Baghdad.
Sardar is also accused of plotting to murder British and American forces in Iraq with roadside bombs between January and November 2007.
He was arrested by anti-terror police after they raided his home in September last year.
Sardar was arrested on suspicion of being involved in the manufacture of improvised explosive devices in Iraq.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at the Old Bailey today charged with murder, conspiracy to murder and conspiring to cause an explosion.
Appearing by videolink from maximum security Belmarsh Prison in Woolwich, southeast London, Sardaw spoke only to confirm his name and enter not guilty pleas.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 3 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 6 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 7 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 8 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 9 Brent residents invited to free Question Time event on climate change
- 10 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
The judge Mr Justice Globe said his trial, which is expected to last around four weeks, would take place on April 20.
Sardar denied the murder of Sgt 1st Class Randy Johnson on 27 September, 2007, and conspiring to cause an explosion with intent to endanger life together with Sajjad Nabil Salih Al S Adnan between January 1 and November 22, 2007.
He is yet to enter a plea to a charge of conspiracy to murder together with Adnan and was remanded in custody.