Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- Credit: Met Police
Police are renewing appeals for information to trace a Wembley man who failed to appear at court.
Ridwan Ali, 23, whose last known address is in Northwick Road, failed to appear at Kingston Crown Court on October 30 last year.
He was due to answer two charges of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and driving without insurance, Scotland Yard said.
The charges relate to a road traffic collision on Garratt Lane in Wandsworth on July 21 2020.
It is now believed that he may have travelled to the Manchester area.
A warrant for Ali's arrest was issued by the court when he failed to appear.
Officers would like to speak with anyone who may have seen Ali or who knows of his whereabouts.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 3 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 4 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 5 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 6 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 7 Fire-ravaged Neasden church hall set to be rebuilt
- 8 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 9 Sisters killed in Kingsbury stabbed with 'extreme force'
- 10 Notting Hill Carnival off streets in 2021 due to Covid-19 uncertainty
Det Serg Gareth Roberts, from the South West Command Unit, said: “Despite it being seven months since Ridwan Ali failed to appear at court, we remain determined to find him.
“I am certain there are people who know where he is, and I would urge them to contact us.
"I would also encourage Ali to do the right thing and attend the nearest police station.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Tweet @MetCC quoting Cad 2347/21Jul20 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers_uk.org.