Wembley man charged with murdering Marylebone businesswoman Carole Waugh
Rakesh Bhayani is also accused of fraud offences in connection with Ms Waugh’s identity
A Wembley man has been charged with murdering a businesswoman from Marylebone.
Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, is accused of killing 50-year-old Carole Waugh.
The body of Ms Waugh was discovered hidden in a car in a lock-up garage in New Malden at the beginning of August.
She was last been seen by her family on April 16 and is believed to have died from a single stab wound.
You may also want to watch:
Nicholas David Kutner, 47, of no fixed address, has also been charged with Ms Waugh’s murder.
On August 6, Kutner appeared by virtual court at Camberwell Green Magistrates’ Court charged with four counts of conspiracy to commit fraud with Bhaynai and other persons unknown.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 3 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 4 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 7 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 10 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
He was remanded in custody to appear at Southwark Crown Court on 25 September.
On July 24, Bhayani appeared via virtual court at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation arising from �280,000 worth of transactions relating to Ms Waugh’s identity.
Both men will appear in custody at Croydon Magistrates’ Court on Thursday in relation to the murder charge.