Wembley man charged with murdering Marylebone businesswoman Carole Waugh
Rakesh Bhayani is also accused of fraud offences in connection with Ms Waugh’s identity
A Wembley man has been charged with murdering a businesswoman from Marylebone.
Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, is accused of killing 50-year-old Carole Waugh.
The body of Ms Waugh was discovered hidden in a car in a lock-up garage in New Malden at the beginning of August.
She was last been seen by her family on April 16 and is believed to have died from a single stab wound.
You may also want to watch:
Nicholas David Kutner, 47, of no fixed address, has also been charged with Ms Waugh’s murder.
On August 6, Kutner appeared by virtual court at Camberwell Green Magistrates’ Court charged with four counts of conspiracy to commit fraud with Bhaynai and other persons unknown.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 5 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
He was remanded in custody to appear at Southwark Crown Court on 25 September.
On July 24, Bhayani appeared via virtual court at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation arising from �280,000 worth of transactions relating to Ms Waugh’s identity.
Both men will appear in custody at Croydon Magistrates’ Court on Thursday in relation to the murder charge.