Wembley man charged with murdering Marylebone businesswoman Carole Waugh
Rakesh Bhayani is also accused of fraud offences in connection with Ms Waugh’s identity
A Wembley man has been charged with murdering a businesswoman from Marylebone.
Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, is accused of killing 50-year-old Carole Waugh.
The body of Ms Waugh was discovered hidden in a car in a lock-up garage in New Malden at the beginning of August.
She was last been seen by her family on April 16 and is believed to have died from a single stab wound.
Nicholas David Kutner, 47, of no fixed address, has also been charged with Ms Waugh’s murder.
On August 6, Kutner appeared by virtual court at Camberwell Green Magistrates’ Court charged with four counts of conspiracy to commit fraud with Bhaynai and other persons unknown.
- 1 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 2 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 3 Police officers who shared photos of murdered sisters to be sentenced early next month
- 4 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 5 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 6 Omicron: Mosque reopens as vaccine centre to meet demand
- 7 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 8 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 9 Wembley Stadium hosts careers expo to help Brent young people into City jobs
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
He was remanded in custody to appear at Southwark Crown Court on 25 September.
On July 24, Bhayani appeared via virtual court at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation arising from �280,000 worth of transactions relating to Ms Waugh’s identity.
Both men will appear in custody at Croydon Magistrates’ Court on Thursday in relation to the murder charge.