Wembley man charged with fraud in connection with missing Marylebone woman
Rakesh Bhayani is accused of taking �280,000 out of Carole Waugh’s bank account
A Wembley man has been charged with fraud offences in connection with �280,000 taken out of the bank account of a missing woman.
Detectives investigating the disappearance of 50-year-old Carole Waugh have charged Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation.
Bhayani, who is unemployed, will appear via virtual court at Westminster Magistrates’ Court this morning (Tuesday).
Ms Waugh, a successful business-woman from Marylebone who is originally from the Durham area, was last seen in central London on May 4.
Investigating officers are concerned about her welfare and appealing for information leading to her whereabouts.
Last week, five other people were arrested in connection with her disappearance.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 6 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 7 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 8 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 9 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 10 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
All have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Anyone with information about Ms Waugh’s whereabouts are asked to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4205 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.