Wembley man charged with fraud in connection with missing Marylebone woman
Rakesh Bhayani is accused of taking �280,000 out of Carole Waugh’s bank account
A Wembley man has been charged with fraud offences in connection with �280,000 taken out of the bank account of a missing woman.
Detectives investigating the disappearance of 50-year-old Carole Waugh have charged Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation.
Bhayani, who is unemployed, will appear via virtual court at Westminster Magistrates’ Court this morning (Tuesday).
Ms Waugh, a successful business-woman from Marylebone who is originally from the Durham area, was last seen in central London on May 4.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officers are concerned about her welfare and appealing for information leading to her whereabouts.
Last week, five other people were arrested in connection with her disappearance.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 3 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 4 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 7 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 8 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 9 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 10 'We need you to stay at home' - Northwick Park Hospital
All have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Anyone with information about Ms Waugh’s whereabouts are asked to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4205 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.