Wembley man charged with fraud in connection with missing Marylebone woman
Rakesh Bhayani is accused of taking �280,000 out of Carole Waugh’s bank account
A Wembley man has been charged with fraud offences in connection with �280,000 taken out of the bank account of a missing woman.
Detectives investigating the disappearance of 50-year-old Carole Waugh have charged Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation.
Bhayani, who is unemployed, will appear via virtual court at Westminster Magistrates’ Court this morning (Tuesday).
Ms Waugh, a successful business-woman from Marylebone who is originally from the Durham area, was last seen in central London on May 4.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officers are concerned about her welfare and appealing for information leading to her whereabouts.
Last week, five other people were arrested in connection with her disappearance.
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 4 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 6 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Residents oppose plans for a third slot machine 'casino' in Harlesden
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
All have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Anyone with information about Ms Waugh’s whereabouts are asked to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4205 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.