Wembley man charged with fraud in connection with missing Marylebone woman
Rakesh Bhayani is accused of taking �280,000 out of Carole Waugh’s bank account
A Wembley man has been charged with fraud offences in connection with �280,000 taken out of the bank account of a missing woman.
Detectives investigating the disappearance of 50-year-old Carole Waugh have charged Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation.
Bhayani, who is unemployed, will appear via virtual court at Westminster Magistrates’ Court this morning (Tuesday).
Ms Waugh, a successful business-woman from Marylebone who is originally from the Durham area, was last seen in central London on May 4.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officers are concerned about her welfare and appealing for information leading to her whereabouts.
Last week, five other people were arrested in connection with her disappearance.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 4 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 5 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 6 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 9 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 10 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
All have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Anyone with information about Ms Waugh’s whereabouts are asked to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4205 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.