Wembley man charged with fraud in connection with missing Marylebone woman
Rakesh Bhayani is accused of taking �280,000 out of Carole Waugh’s bank account
A Wembley man has been charged with fraud offences in connection with �280,000 taken out of the bank account of a missing woman.
Detectives investigating the disappearance of 50-year-old Carole Waugh have charged Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation.
Bhayani, who is unemployed, will appear via virtual court at Westminster Magistrates’ Court this morning (Tuesday).
Ms Waugh, a successful business-woman from Marylebone who is originally from the Durham area, was last seen in central London on May 4.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officers are concerned about her welfare and appealing for information leading to her whereabouts.
Last week, five other people were arrested in connection with her disappearance.
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 4 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 5 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 6 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 9 Health chief praises staff 'flying' across Brent and Camden to vaccinate housebound residents
- 10 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
All have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Anyone with information about Ms Waugh’s whereabouts are asked to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4205 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.