Wembley man bailed in connection with Carole Waugh murder
Rakesh Bhayani was arrested by detectives investigating death of Marylebone businesswoman
A Wembley man arrested on suspicion of murdering a businesswoman from Marylebone has been bailed.
Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, was questioned by detectives investigating the death of Carole Waugh.
The body of the 50-year-old was discovered hidden in a car in a lock-up garage in New Malden last week.
She had last been seen by her family on April 16.
You may also want to watch:
Last month, Bhayani was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation arising from �280,000 worth of transactions associated with Ms Waugh’s identity.
He was remanded in custody to next appear at Southwark Crown Court on 25 September.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 6 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 7 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 8 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 9 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 10 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
Bhayani, who was arrested in his prison cell, has been bailed until later this month.