Wembley man bailed in connection with Carole Waugh murder
Rakesh Bhayani was arrested by detectives investigating death of Marylebone businesswoman
A Wembley man arrested on suspicion of murdering a businesswoman from Marylebone has been bailed.
Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, was questioned by detectives investigating the death of Carole Waugh.
The body of the 50-year-old was discovered hidden in a car in a lock-up garage in New Malden last week.
She had last been seen by her family on April 16.
You may also want to watch:
Last month, Bhayani was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation arising from �280,000 worth of transactions associated with Ms Waugh’s identity.
He was remanded in custody to next appear at Southwark Crown Court on 25 September.
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 Teenager who murdered beloved sisters in Kingsbury park jailed for life
- 3 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 4 Halloween: Squid Game in Wembley Park (minus bloodshed)
- 5 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 6 Brent's community lead offers condolences to murdered sisters' families
- 7 Covid: Northwick Park Hospital in need of booster vaccine volunteers
- 8 Mother of murdered sisters pledges jailed teenage killer 'will not be let out'
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
Bhayani, who was arrested in his prison cell, has been bailed until later this month.