Wembley man arrested on suspicion of Carole Waugh murder
Rakesh Bhayani is being questioned following the discovery of Marylebone businesswoman’s body in New Malden
A Wembley man accused of fraud in connection with a missing woman has been rearrested on suspicion of her murder.
Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, is currently being questioned by detectives investigating the death of Carole Waugh.
The body of the 50-year-old businesswoman was discovered hidden in a car in a lock-up garage in New Malden last week.
Ms Waugh, from Marylebone, had last been seen by her family on April 16.
You may also want to watch:
She is believed to have died from a single stab wound.
Last month, Bhayani was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation arising from �280,000 worth of transactions associated with Ms Waugh’s identity.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Wembley sickle cell sufferer died due to 'neglect' at Northwick Park Hospital
He was remanded in custody to next appear at Southwark Crown Court on 25 September.
Bhayani is being quizzed at a police station in south London.