Wembley man arrested on suspicion of Carole Waugh murder
Rakesh Bhayani is being questioned following the discovery of Marylebone businesswoman’s body in New Malden
A Wembley man accused of fraud in connection with a missing woman has been rearrested on suspicion of her murder.
Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, is currently being questioned by detectives investigating the death of Carole Waugh.
The body of the 50-year-old businesswoman was discovered hidden in a car in a lock-up garage in New Malden last week.
Ms Waugh, from Marylebone, had last been seen by her family on April 16.
You may also want to watch:
She is believed to have died from a single stab wound.
Last month, Bhayani was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation arising from �280,000 worth of transactions associated with Ms Waugh’s identity.
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 3 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 6 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 7 Dykes double helps QPR defeat Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Two 17-year-old boys shot and stabbed in Kingsbury
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 I tabled my own alternative Coronavirus (No 2) Bill
He was remanded in custody to next appear at Southwark Crown Court on 25 September.
Bhayani is being quizzed at a police station in south London.