Wembley man arrested on suspicion of Carole Waugh murder
Rakesh Bhayani is being questioned following the discovery of Marylebone businesswoman’s body in New Malden
A Wembley man accused of fraud in connection with a missing woman has been rearrested on suspicion of her murder.
Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, is currently being questioned by detectives investigating the death of Carole Waugh.
The body of the 50-year-old businesswoman was discovered hidden in a car in a lock-up garage in New Malden last week.
Ms Waugh, from Marylebone, had last been seen by her family on April 16.
You may also want to watch:
She is believed to have died from a single stab wound.
Last month, Bhayani was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation arising from �280,000 worth of transactions associated with Ms Waugh’s identity.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 7 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 8 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 9 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 10 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year
He was remanded in custody to next appear at Southwark Crown Court on 25 September.
Bhayani is being quizzed at a police station in south London.