Wembley man arrested on suspicion of Carole Waugh murder
Rakesh Bhayani is being questioned following the discovery of Marylebone businesswoman’s body in New Malden
A Wembley man accused of fraud in connection with a missing woman has been rearrested on suspicion of her murder.
Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, is currently being questioned by detectives investigating the death of Carole Waugh.
The body of the 50-year-old businesswoman was discovered hidden in a car in a lock-up garage in New Malden last week.
Ms Waugh, from Marylebone, had last been seen by her family on April 16.
She is believed to have died from a single stab wound.
Last month, Bhayani was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation arising from �280,000 worth of transactions associated with Ms Waugh’s identity.
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 4 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 5 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 6 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 7 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 8 Injured moped driver appeal after Dollis Hill collision
- 9 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 10 Neasden stabbing: Man charged with St Raphael's estate murder
He was remanded in custody to next appear at Southwark Crown Court on 25 September.
Bhayani is being quizzed at a police station in south London.