Wembley man arrested on suspicion of Carole Waugh murder
Rakesh Bhayani is being questioned following the discovery of Marylebone businesswoman’s body in New Malden
A Wembley man accused of fraud in connection with a missing woman has been rearrested on suspicion of her murder.
Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, is currently being questioned by detectives investigating the death of Carole Waugh.
The body of the 50-year-old businesswoman was discovered hidden in a car in a lock-up garage in New Malden last week.
Ms Waugh, from Marylebone, had last been seen by her family on April 16.
You may also want to watch:
She is believed to have died from a single stab wound.
Last month, Bhayani was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation arising from �280,000 worth of transactions associated with Ms Waugh’s identity.
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
He was remanded in custody to next appear at Southwark Crown Court on 25 September.
Bhayani is being quizzed at a police station in south London.