Wembley man appears in court accused of murdering Carole Waugh from Marylebone
Rakesh Bhayani and Nicholas Kutner are accused of stabbing 50-year-old to death
A Wembley man has appeared in court charged with murdering a businesswoman from Marylebone.
Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, and Nicholas Kutner, 47, are jointly accused of killing Carole Waugh.
The body of the 50-year-old oil executive was found in a lock-up garage in New Malden, south-west London, on August 2.
Ms Waugh, who had last been seen by her family on April 1, died from a single stab wound.
You may also want to watch:
Bhayani and Kutner appeared at Croydon Magistrates Court video-link yesterday (Thursday).
They spoke only to confirm their names and address.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
- 6 Brent pupils raise £1,000 to support sickle cell sufferers
- 7 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 8 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 9 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Both were remanded to appear at the Old Bailey on November 22.
Bhayani is also accused of three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation in relation to �280,000 worth of transactions associated with Miss Waugh’s identity.
He is due to appear at Southwark Crown Court in relation with the fraud charges on September 25.
Mr Kutner, of no fixed address, is also charged with four counts of conspiracy to commit fraud.
He is accused of posing as Ms Waugh’s brother so he could sell her property, renting the property and unlawfully withdrawing funds from Ms Waugh’s bank accounts.