Wembley man appears in court accused of murdering Carole Waugh from Marylebone
Rakesh Bhayani and Nicholas Kutner are accused of stabbing 50-year-old to death
A Wembley man has appeared in court charged with murdering a businesswoman from Marylebone.
Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, and Nicholas Kutner, 47, are jointly accused of killing Carole Waugh.
The body of the 50-year-old oil executive was found in a lock-up garage in New Malden, south-west London, on August 2.
Ms Waugh, who had last been seen by her family on April 1, died from a single stab wound.
You may also want to watch:
Bhayani and Kutner appeared at Croydon Magistrates Court video-link yesterday (Thursday).
They spoke only to confirm their names and address.
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
Both were remanded to appear at the Old Bailey on November 22.
Bhayani is also accused of three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation in relation to �280,000 worth of transactions associated with Miss Waugh’s identity.
He is due to appear at Southwark Crown Court in relation with the fraud charges on September 25.
Mr Kutner, of no fixed address, is also charged with four counts of conspiracy to commit fraud.
He is accused of posing as Ms Waugh’s brother so he could sell her property, renting the property and unlawfully withdrawing funds from Ms Waugh’s bank accounts.