Wembley man appears in court accused of murdering Carole Waugh from Marylebone
Rakesh Bhayani and Nicholas Kutner are accused of stabbing 50-year-old to death
A Wembley man has appeared in court charged with murdering a businesswoman from Marylebone.
Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, and Nicholas Kutner, 47, are jointly accused of killing Carole Waugh.
The body of the 50-year-old oil executive was found in a lock-up garage in New Malden, south-west London, on August 2.
Ms Waugh, who had last been seen by her family on April 1, died from a single stab wound.
You may also want to watch:
Bhayani and Kutner appeared at Croydon Magistrates Court video-link yesterday (Thursday).
They spoke only to confirm their names and address.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 3 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 9 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 10 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears
Both were remanded to appear at the Old Bailey on November 22.
Bhayani is also accused of three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation in relation to �280,000 worth of transactions associated with Miss Waugh’s identity.
He is due to appear at Southwark Crown Court in relation with the fraud charges on September 25.
Mr Kutner, of no fixed address, is also charged with four counts of conspiracy to commit fraud.
He is accused of posing as Ms Waugh’s brother so he could sell her property, renting the property and unlawfully withdrawing funds from Ms Waugh’s bank accounts.