Wembley man appears in court accused of murdering Carole Waugh from Marylebone
Rakesh Bhayani and Nicholas Kutner are accused of stabbing 50-year-old to death
A Wembley man has appeared in court charged with murdering a businesswoman from Marylebone.
Rakesh Bhayani, 40, of Chamberlayne Avenue, and Nicholas Kutner, 47, are jointly accused of killing Carole Waugh.
The body of the 50-year-old oil executive was found in a lock-up garage in New Malden, south-west London, on August 2.
Ms Waugh, who had last been seen by her family on April 1, died from a single stab wound.
You may also want to watch:
Bhayani and Kutner appeared at Croydon Magistrates Court video-link yesterday (Thursday).
They spoke only to confirm their names and address.
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 3 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 4 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 5 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 6 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 7 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Shops, hairdressers, pub gardens and gyms reopen today
- 10 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
Both were remanded to appear at the Old Bailey on November 22.
Bhayani is also accused of three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation in relation to �280,000 worth of transactions associated with Miss Waugh’s identity.
He is due to appear at Southwark Crown Court in relation with the fraud charges on September 25.
Mr Kutner, of no fixed address, is also charged with four counts of conspiracy to commit fraud.
He is accused of posing as Ms Waugh’s brother so he could sell her property, renting the property and unlawfully withdrawing funds from Ms Waugh’s bank accounts.