Wembley man admits raping reality TV star
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Soby John attacked his victim at the Hilton London Metropole where he worked as a porter
A Wembley man has admitted raping a reality TV contestant at the hotel where he worked as porter.
Soby John, 24, of Scarle Road, attacked the woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, at the Hilton London Metropole in Edgware Road, Marylebone, on October 25 last year.
Yesterday at Southwark Crown Court he pleaded guilty to a single count of rape.
At his first appearance in the dock last November, in which he did not enter a plea, prosecutor Lesley Jones told Southwark Crown Court: “He entered her room by clandestine means without her permission.
You may also want to watch:
“She was extremely intoxicated, and woke up to find him on top of her.”
The Indian national will be sentenced on April 16
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 4 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 7 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 10 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal