Wembley man admits raping reality TV star
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Soby John attacked his victim at the Hilton London Metropole where he worked as a porter
A Wembley man has admitted raping a reality TV contestant at the hotel where he worked as porter.
Soby John, 24, of Scarle Road, attacked the woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, at the Hilton London Metropole in Edgware Road, Marylebone, on October 25 last year.
Yesterday at Southwark Crown Court he pleaded guilty to a single count of rape.
At his first appearance in the dock last November, in which he did not enter a plea, prosecutor Lesley Jones told Southwark Crown Court: “He entered her room by clandestine means without her permission.
You may also want to watch:
“She was extremely intoxicated, and woke up to find him on top of her.”
The Indian national will be sentenced on April 16
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 6 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 7 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 8 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 9 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
- 10 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses