Wembley man admits raping reality TV star
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Soby John attacked his victim at the Hilton London Metropole where he worked as a porter
A Wembley man has admitted raping a reality TV contestant at the hotel where he worked as porter.
Soby John, 24, of Scarle Road, attacked the woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, at the Hilton London Metropole in Edgware Road, Marylebone, on October 25 last year.
Yesterday at Southwark Crown Court he pleaded guilty to a single count of rape.
At his first appearance in the dock last November, in which he did not enter a plea, prosecutor Lesley Jones told Southwark Crown Court: “He entered her room by clandestine means without her permission.
“She was extremely intoxicated, and woke up to find him on top of her.”
The Indian national will be sentenced on April 16
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 3 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 4 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 5 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 6 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 7 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 8 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 9 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 10 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86