Wembley man accused of raping drunken reality TV contestant
Soby John is claimed to have attacked his victim at the Hilton London Metropole
A drunken reality TV contestant was raped by a hotel porter from Wembley last month, a court has heard.
Soby John, 24, of Scarle Road, is said to have attacked the woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, at the Hilton London Metropole in Edgware Road, Marylebone.
The episode allegedly unfolded on October 25, prosecutor Lesley Jones told Southwark Crown Court.
She said: “He entered her room by clandestine means without her permission.
You may also want to watch:
“She was extremely intoxicated, and woke up to find him on top of her.”
The Indian national is expected to apply for bail this week once his lawyers have made arrangements to lodge a security.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 3 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 8 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
He was not present in court for the hearing last Friday.
Judge Stephen Robbins adjourned proceedings until November 23 for the bail application to be heard.
John has not yet entered a plea to the single count of rape.