Wembley man accused of raping drunken reality TV contestant
Soby John is claimed to have attacked his victim at the Hilton London Metropole
A drunken reality TV contestant was raped by a hotel porter from Wembley last month, a court has heard.
Soby John, 24, of Scarle Road, is said to have attacked the woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, at the Hilton London Metropole in Edgware Road, Marylebone.
The episode allegedly unfolded on October 25, prosecutor Lesley Jones told Southwark Crown Court.
She said: “He entered her room by clandestine means without her permission.
You may also want to watch:
“She was extremely intoxicated, and woke up to find him on top of her.”
The Indian national is expected to apply for bail this week once his lawyers have made arrangements to lodge a security.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
He was not present in court for the hearing last Friday.
Judge Stephen Robbins adjourned proceedings until November 23 for the bail application to be heard.
John has not yet entered a plea to the single count of rape.