Wembley man accused of raping drunken reality TV contestant
Soby John is claimed to have attacked his victim at the Hilton London Metropole
A drunken reality TV contestant was raped by a hotel porter from Wembley last month, a court has heard.
Soby John, 24, of Scarle Road, is said to have attacked the woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, at the Hilton London Metropole in Edgware Road, Marylebone.
The episode allegedly unfolded on October 25, prosecutor Lesley Jones told Southwark Crown Court.
She said: “He entered her room by clandestine means without her permission.
You may also want to watch:
“She was extremely intoxicated, and woke up to find him on top of her.”
The Indian national is expected to apply for bail this week once his lawyers have made arrangements to lodge a security.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 6 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 7 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
He was not present in court for the hearing last Friday.
Judge Stephen Robbins adjourned proceedings until November 23 for the bail application to be heard.
John has not yet entered a plea to the single count of rape.