Wembley detectives in hunt for knife used in College of North West London stabbing
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Detectives in Wembley have appealed for witnesses to come forward after a student was stabbed in the chest outside the Willesden campus in Denzil Road earlier this month.
Police were called to the scene shortly before 11am on Wednesday March 15 following reports of a stabbing.
Officers and paramedics arrived to find a 19-year-old man with a stab wound to the chest.
He was rushed to a central London hospital where he was treated for non-life threatening or life changing injuries and later discharged.
An 18-year-old man arrested a short while later was subsequently charged with grievous bodily harm in relation to the incident. No other arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
College Principal Andy Cole said: “I would like to reassure everyone that the injured student is safe and well and our thoughts are with him.
“I would also like to reassure all our students and staff that we continue to work hard to ensure the college is a safe place and the police were very complimentary on how we responded to this incident.”
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 3 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 QPR eager to start climbing the table when they face Derby
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Warburton praises QPR character in win at Cardiff
- 10 Willock earns QPR win in Wales
Detectives would now like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the attack or has any information which may assist the investigation.
They are particularly keen to speak to anyone who may have seen a knife around the area of Denzil Road since March 15.
Anyone who witnessed the stabbing or has any information is asked to contact detectives at Wembley CID on 020 87333 756, or 101 or via Twitter @MetCC
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.