Wembley detectives in hunt for knife used in College of North West London stabbing
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Detectives in Wembley have appealed for witnesses to come forward after a student was stabbed in the chest outside the Willesden campus in Denzil Road earlier this month.
Police were called to the scene shortly before 11am on Wednesday March 15 following reports of a stabbing.
Officers and paramedics arrived to find a 19-year-old man with a stab wound to the chest.
He was rushed to a central London hospital where he was treated for non-life threatening or life changing injuries and later discharged.
An 18-year-old man arrested a short while later was subsequently charged with grievous bodily harm in relation to the incident. No other arrests have been made.
College Principal Andy Cole said: “I would like to reassure everyone that the injured student is safe and well and our thoughts are with him.
“I would also like to reassure all our students and staff that we continue to work hard to ensure the college is a safe place and the police were very complimentary on how we responded to this incident.”
- 1 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 2 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 3 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 4 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 5 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 6 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 9 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 10 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
Detectives would now like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the attack or has any information which may assist the investigation.
They are particularly keen to speak to anyone who may have seen a knife around the area of Denzil Road since March 15.
Anyone who witnessed the stabbing or has any information is asked to contact detectives at Wembley CID on 020 87333 756, or 101 or via Twitter @MetCC
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.