Wembley conman accused of murder admits moving the victim’s body into his car
- Credit: Archant
A professional conman from Wembley told a court how he felt sick as he dragged the body of murdered millionairess from under a bed and forced it into a bag.
The Old Bailey heard claims that Rakesh Bhayani, 41, of Chamberlayne Avenue, and Nicholas Kutner, 48, from Kentish Town, murdered Carole Waugh from Marylebone, so they could gamble away her life savings in London’s casinos.
The 49-year-old victim was working as an escort and Bhayani had met her after answering her Gumtree advert.
He claimed they began a casual affair that she had agreed to disappear from the country so that he could carry out a various frauds using her name, with accomplice Kutner.
But Bhayani insisted he had no idea she had died or how until Kutner told him at a meeting.
You may also want to watch:
On the following day, April 24 last year, they went back to the flat to move the body.
Bhayani said: “The body seemed to me like it was just like it would have been at the time of the incident.”
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 QPR eager to start climbing the table when they face Derby
- 6 Warburton praises QPR character in win at Cardiff
- 7 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 10 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
He said they struggled to cram the body in a bag before they placed it in a Volkswagen Golf he had just bought.
Asked who he thought the killer was Bhayani said he thought it could have been one of Miss Waugh’s ‘clients’
Bhayani admitted carrying on with the fraud after he knew Miss Waugh was dead.
Her body was found in the garage on August 2 last year.
She had been killed with a stab wound to the neck
Kutner and Bhayani both deny murder but admit conspiracy to defraud.
Elie Khoury, 40, from Paddington, denies conspiracy to defraud.
Bhayani has admitted conspiracy to pervert the course of justice while Kutner denies the charge.
The trial continues.