Waugh killer to be sentenced
- Credit: Archant
A Wembley conman who murdered a millionaire woman to gamble away her home and savings is facing life behind bars.
Rakesh Bhayani, 41 of of Chamberlayne Avenue stabbed Carole Waugh, 49 to death in her Marble Arch flat and dumped her body in a car boot.
Bhayani together with his accomplice, Nicholas Kutner 48 from Kentish Town stripped the late Ms Waugh of her assets to fund their luxurious lifestyle.
The jury found Bhayani guilty of murder. Kutner was cleared of murder but convicted of perverting the course of justice by helping to cover up the killing.
A third man, Elie Khoury, 40, said to have helped to recruit the impersonators was cleared of conspiracy to defraud.
You may also want to watch:
The pair are due be sentenced tomorrow.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 10 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings