Waugh killer to be sentenced
- Credit: Archant
A Wembley conman who murdered a millionaire woman to gamble away her home and savings is facing life behind bars.
Rakesh Bhayani, 41 of of Chamberlayne Avenue stabbed Carole Waugh, 49 to death in her Marble Arch flat and dumped her body in a car boot.
Bhayani together with his accomplice, Nicholas Kutner 48 from Kentish Town stripped the late Ms Waugh of her assets to fund their luxurious lifestyle.
The jury found Bhayani guilty of murder. Kutner was cleared of murder but convicted of perverting the course of justice by helping to cover up the killing.
A third man, Elie Khoury, 40, said to have helped to recruit the impersonators was cleared of conspiracy to defraud.
You may also want to watch:
The pair are due be sentenced tomorrow.
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 6 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 7 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 8 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 9 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 10 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding