Waugh killer to be sentenced
- Credit: Archant
A Wembley conman who murdered a millionaire woman to gamble away her home and savings is facing life behind bars.
Rakesh Bhayani, 41 of of Chamberlayne Avenue stabbed Carole Waugh, 49 to death in her Marble Arch flat and dumped her body in a car boot.
Bhayani together with his accomplice, Nicholas Kutner 48 from Kentish Town stripped the late Ms Waugh of her assets to fund their luxurious lifestyle.
The jury found Bhayani guilty of murder. Kutner was cleared of murder but convicted of perverting the course of justice by helping to cover up the killing.
A third man, Elie Khoury, 40, said to have helped to recruit the impersonators was cleared of conspiracy to defraud.
You may also want to watch:
The pair are due be sentenced tomorrow.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods