Violent thugs attack man in Colindale with his own walking stick before robbing him of £4
- Credit: PA WIRE
The hunt is on for two cowardly robbers who repeatedly hit a man with his own walking stick before making off with his cigarettes and £4.
The 55-year-old had left his local supermarket near the Grahame Park Estate when he was approached by the pair who demanded he hand over his money.
When he told them he had none they snatched his walking aid and hit him twice on his legs and again on the side of his body.
One robber took the man’s cigarettes and lighter while the other searched his cardigan pockets and stole the £4 he had in loose change.
The men, who are described as black with African accents and wearing black hooded tops and black baseball caps, ran off along Corner Mead Road, after the attack on January 29 at 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or with information could call Barnet Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 3 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 4 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 7 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 8 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 9 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 10 'We need you to stay at home' - Northwick Park Hospital