Video: Two men arrested in connection with violent disorder at QPR v Wigan match
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a violent clash at the QPR v Wigan Championship play-off semi-final have arrested two men today.
Officers detained the 29 and 35-year-olds this morning following the disorder which took place on the upper tier of the South Africa Road stand in Loftus Road on May 12.
Both were taken to a north London police station and bailed to a date in early July.
Yesterday, police released shocking video footage of the clash which erupted after a steward tried to remove a fan from the stands.
They also released images of five men they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
The men arrested today are not pictured.
Chief Superintendent Colin Morgan from Specialist Crime and Operations Public Order Branch said: “We will deal robustly with those responsible for disorder, whether inside or outside football venues, and we will bring them to court.”
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 4 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 5 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 6 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 7 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 8 Injured moped driver appeal after Dollis Hill collision
- 9 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 10 Neasden stabbing: Man charged with St Raphael's estate murder
Anyone who is able to identify any of the men pictured is asked to contact officers from Operation Arrowtip, the Met’s specialist team that probes football-related disorder and criminality, on 020 8246 0076 between 8am and 4pm or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.