Video: Two men arrested in connection with violent disorder at QPR v Wigan match
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a violent clash at the QPR v Wigan Championship play-off semi-final have arrested two men today.
Officers detained the 29 and 35-year-olds this morning following the disorder which took place on the upper tier of the South Africa Road stand in Loftus Road on May 12.
Both were taken to a north London police station and bailed to a date in early July.
Yesterday, police released shocking video footage of the clash which erupted after a steward tried to remove a fan from the stands.
They also released images of five men they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The men arrested today are not pictured.
Chief Superintendent Colin Morgan from Specialist Crime and Operations Public Order Branch said: “We will deal robustly with those responsible for disorder, whether inside or outside football venues, and we will bring them to court.”
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 4 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 7 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 10 We didn't stand up insists QPR boss Warburton in Rotherham defeat
Anyone who is able to identify any of the men pictured is asked to contact officers from Operation Arrowtip, the Met’s specialist team that probes football-related disorder and criminality, on 020 8246 0076 between 8am and 4pm or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.