Video: Two men arrested in connection with violent disorder at QPR v Wigan match
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a violent clash at the QPR v Wigan Championship play-off semi-final have arrested two men today.
Officers detained the 29 and 35-year-olds this morning following the disorder which took place on the upper tier of the South Africa Road stand in Loftus Road on May 12.
Both were taken to a north London police station and bailed to a date in early July.
Yesterday, police released shocking video footage of the clash which erupted after a steward tried to remove a fan from the stands.
They also released images of five men they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The men arrested today are not pictured.
Chief Superintendent Colin Morgan from Specialist Crime and Operations Public Order Branch said: “We will deal robustly with those responsible for disorder, whether inside or outside football venues, and we will bring them to court.”
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 5 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 6 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 7 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 8 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 9 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
Anyone who is able to identify any of the men pictured is asked to contact officers from Operation Arrowtip, the Met’s specialist team that probes football-related disorder and criminality, on 020 8246 0076 between 8am and 4pm or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.