Video: Two men arrested in connection with violent disorder at QPR v Wigan match
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a violent clash at the QPR v Wigan Championship play-off semi-final have arrested two men today.
Officers detained the 29 and 35-year-olds this morning following the disorder which took place on the upper tier of the South Africa Road stand in Loftus Road on May 12.
Both were taken to a north London police station and bailed to a date in early July.
Yesterday, police released shocking video footage of the clash which erupted after a steward tried to remove a fan from the stands.
They also released images of five men they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The men arrested today are not pictured.
Chief Superintendent Colin Morgan from Specialist Crime and Operations Public Order Branch said: “We will deal robustly with those responsible for disorder, whether inside or outside football venues, and we will bring them to court.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
Anyone who is able to identify any of the men pictured is asked to contact officers from Operation Arrowtip, the Met’s specialist team that probes football-related disorder and criminality, on 020 8246 0076 between 8am and 4pm or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.