Video: Thieves steal steam washer from a second business in Park Royal
- Credit: Archant
A businessman has released CCTV footage of thieves stealing a £1,800 steam washer from his company in Park Royal as a warning to other traders in the area.
Dave Brown, director of Brown Seafoods in Eldon Way, contacted the Times after we publicised an identical theft to one that occurred at his business on June 2.
In Mr Brown’s case the theft was not noticed until cleaning staff arrived at the premises and realised it was missing.
Mr Brown trawled through hours of CCTV footage where he found the two-minute clip that captures the theft involving two men.
He told the Times: “The business was only unattended for a few minutes but they were driving past and noticed no one was there.
You may also want to watch:
“I didn’t realise this had happened before until I went to buy a new one and was told about the theft in Park Royal Road.”
The CCTV clip shows an identified burgundy car pull up outside the business before a stocky man jumps out and enters the premises.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 7 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
A thinner man opens the boot of the car and waits.
The suspect is then seen wheeling the steam cleaner to the car before his accomplice helps him to place it in the boot and the pair drive off.
Issuing a warning to other traders, Mr Brown said: “The thieves appear to be opportunists so I would urge other businesses in Park Royal to be on their guard.”
A £750 steam cleaner was stolen in a similar way from a business in Park Royal Road on January 26.
In this incident the two suspects were also described as one stocky man and a thinner accomplice.
The Karchur 550m Eco steam cleaner was also placed in a burgundy car, identified as a Range Rover, before the pair drove away.
The first suspect is a white, aged in his early 30s, around 5ft 6inches tall, of skinny build with short brown hair and was wearing a black ‘Nike’ hooded top.
The second suspect is also white, aged in his early 20s, large build of short ginger hair and was wearing a dark blue chequered shirt and white trainers.
Detectives are investigating the possibility the thefts may have been carried out by the same men.
Anyone with any information about either thefts should call Ealing CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.