Video: QPR fans jailed for violent football brawl against Burnley supporters
- Credit: Archant
Four QPR fans have been jailed for taking part in a football-related brawl against Burnley supporters outside a pub.
Harry Childs, 18, from Billericay, Jack Hutchins, 21, from Kings Langley, Dean Foreman, 27, from Northolt and 22-year-old Bradley Park, from Hemel Hempstead, have also been given six-year Football Banning Orders following the fight.
Isleworth Crown Court heard all four were outside the pub in Harrow where their rivals were enjoying a post-match drink following the QPR v Burnley FC Championship match on February 1 last year.
The men confronted the Burnley supporters through the pub window before Childs kicked and shattered the glass.
Several people were assaulted and punched outside the pub before the mob moved down the street after the pub manager locked the door and called the police.
You may also want to watch:
Childs, who was wearing a distinctive red patent jacket, and the other three men came across further Burnley and QPR supporters and started a second fight.
Hutchins and Foreman escaped the scene when the police arrived and although Childs and Pack were stopped nearby they were not arrested as officers had no proof they were involved in the brawl.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 7 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 8 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 9 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 10 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
However after CCTV was analysed they were identified and all four were arrested by officers who raided their home addresses.
In court all four men denied any involvement but were fund guilty of affray last month.
Today Childs was jailed for eight months, Park was given 30 weeks and Hutchins and Foreman were sentenced to a year.
PC Paul Todd, from the Met’s Central Football Unit, said: “Football violence has reduced over the years but there are still a minority that insist on putting people at risk by fighting in busy streets near members of public. People arrested for football violence do not only get a criminal record but can also receive an order preventing them from attending football matches in the future.”
A spokesman for QPR added the club takes a zero tolerance position to violence and will continue to fully cooperate with the police in these rare instances.