Video: Member of mini-cab robbery gang who struck in Queen’s Park jailed for 10 years
- Credit: Archant
A member of a gang who used mini-cabs to travel around London and commit armed robberies including a hotel in Queen’s Park has been jailed for 10 years.
Russell Aljaf, 20, from Westminster, teamed up with Lamin Joof, 21, of no fixed address, and brothers Sadiq and Kurrin Bendriss, 20 and 19 respectively, both from Maida Vale, to carry out a series of armed robberies on hotels, mini cab drivers and lone members of the public.
The gang struck at the Igar Hotel in Salusbury Road, Queen’s Park, and in Paddington, Golders Green, Kings Cross, St John’s Wood, and Fulham in March last year.
Aljaf admitted conspiracy to rob, burglary, possession of an imitation firearm and possession of an imitation firearm for the purposes of crime related to an offence in February last year, four days into his trial at Harrow Crown Court.
He was convicted in November and sentencing was adjourned until last week.
You may also want to watch:
The Bendriss brothers and Joof all pleaded guilty to conspiracy to rob and possession of an imitation firearm.
The siblings were sentenced to eight years in jail and Joof seven.
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 4 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 5 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 6 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Health chief praises staff 'flying' across Brent and Camden to vaccinate housebound residents
- 9 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 10 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
A fifth man is also due to face trial in the New Year.
DC Rob McGee, the investigating officer from the Flying Squad, said: “I am really pleased that this gang is off London’s streets and no longer able to carry on committing these robberies. The level of violence and the disturbingly blatant way they carried out these crimes clearly demonstrated they had no regard for the law.
“The evidence was so overwhelming the gang all pleaded guilty.”