Video: Member of mini-cab robbery gang who struck in Queen’s Park jailed for 10 years
- Credit: Archant
A member of a gang who used mini-cabs to travel around London and commit armed robberies including a hotel in Queen’s Park has been jailed for 10 years.
Russell Aljaf, 20, from Westminster, teamed up with Lamin Joof, 21, of no fixed address, and brothers Sadiq and Kurrin Bendriss, 20 and 19 respectively, both from Maida Vale, to carry out a series of armed robberies on hotels, mini cab drivers and lone members of the public.
The gang struck at the Igar Hotel in Salusbury Road, Queen’s Park, and in Paddington, Golders Green, Kings Cross, St John’s Wood, and Fulham in March last year.
Aljaf admitted conspiracy to rob, burglary, possession of an imitation firearm and possession of an imitation firearm for the purposes of crime related to an offence in February last year, four days into his trial at Harrow Crown Court.
He was convicted in November and sentencing was adjourned until last week.
You may also want to watch:
The Bendriss brothers and Joof all pleaded guilty to conspiracy to rob and possession of an imitation firearm.
The siblings were sentenced to eight years in jail and Joof seven.
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 4 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 5 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 6 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 7 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 8 Habitual car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 9 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
A fifth man is also due to face trial in the New Year.
DC Rob McGee, the investigating officer from the Flying Squad, said: “I am really pleased that this gang is off London’s streets and no longer able to carry on committing these robberies. The level of violence and the disturbingly blatant way they carried out these crimes clearly demonstrated they had no regard for the law.
“The evidence was so overwhelming the gang all pleaded guilty.”