Video footage of Brent Cross ‘smash and grab’ robbers in action
Motorbike raiders seen snatching watches and jewellery from Fraser Hart
The actions of the ‘smash and grab’ robbers who targeted a jewellers in Brent Cross Shopping Centre has been captured on dramatic video footage.
The raiders can been seen smashing the windows of Fraser Hart with pickaxes and bats before snatching watches and jewellery believed to be worth up to �2million.
The raid which took place yesterday at 10.15am was carried out in front of shocked shoppers.
The six robbers sped into the centre via the entrance at New Look on three motorbikes before three of the raiders jumped off and carried out the audacious theft.
You may also want to watch:
The trio fled back to their awaiting motorbikes and sped away in the direction of Hendon Central.
The motorbikes were found abandoned approximately 15 minutes later in Mill Hill near to a golf course.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
All of the men were wearing dark clothing and crash helmets with the visors down.
Nobody was injured, however an elderly man, a member of the public, was treated for shock at the scene.
According to a witness the gang dropped some of their haul during their escape.
Shopper @damomullen, who was at the Apple store when the robbers struck, tweeted “they drove out of there so fast I doubt anyone had anytime to catch them, apparently they dropped some of the stuff.”
He added: “the speed they were doing in the shopping centre was insane, happened fairly quickly.”
Another witness who asked not to be named told the Times: “They came in on motorbikes and had pick axes and bats, it was terrifying.”
The Met’s Flying squad are investigating the robbery.
Detective Chief Inspector Harry Hennigan, who is now leading the hunt, said: “We are appealing to anyone who may have seen the of events at the Brent Cross shopping centre this morning when the jewellers was robbed having only just opened its doors to its first shoppers.
“We are also appealing to anyone who may have seen the three motorbikes being driven from Brent Cross to Mill Hill. We urge anyone with information to call our incident room.”
Call the Flying Squad on 020 8358 1751 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
There have been no arrests so far.