Video: Appeal after man, 72, is hit repeatedly with litter picker in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have today released CCTV footage of a man suspected of hitting a 72-year-old repeatedly in the face and head with a metal litter picker in Kilburn.
The male victim suffered head injuries after he was hit several times before he fell to the ground in Canterbury Road.
He was rushed to hospital where he received treatment and has since been discharged.
The CCTV footage was captured at the scene 10 minutes after the attack which took place on Saturday, 24 September at 3.40am.
The suspect is a black man of stocky build and was wearing a checked shirt, blue jeans and dark trainers at the time of attack.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Linda Bradley, from Brent CID, said: “This was a horrendous and sustained attack on an elderly man. We are keen to trace the man in the CCTV footage so we can speak to them about the incident. We would also urge anyone who witnessed the incident to contact us.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 5 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 8 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 9 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield