Video: Appeal after man, 72, is hit repeatedly with litter picker in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have today released CCTV footage of a man suspected of hitting a 72-year-old repeatedly in the face and head with a metal litter picker in Kilburn.
The male victim suffered head injuries after he was hit several times before he fell to the ground in Canterbury Road.
He was rushed to hospital where he received treatment and has since been discharged.
The CCTV footage was captured at the scene 10 minutes after the attack which took place on Saturday, 24 September at 3.40am.
The suspect is a black man of stocky build and was wearing a checked shirt, blue jeans and dark trainers at the time of attack.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Linda Bradley, from Brent CID, said: “This was a horrendous and sustained attack on an elderly man. We are keen to trace the man in the CCTV footage so we can speak to them about the incident. We would also urge anyone who witnessed the incident to contact us.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 3 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 4 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 7 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 8 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 9 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 10 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings