Video: Appeal after man, 72, is hit repeatedly with litter picker in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have today released CCTV footage of a man suspected of hitting a 72-year-old repeatedly in the face and head with a metal litter picker in Kilburn.
The male victim suffered head injuries after he was hit several times before he fell to the ground in Canterbury Road.
He was rushed to hospital where he received treatment and has since been discharged.
The CCTV footage was captured at the scene 10 minutes after the attack which took place on Saturday, 24 September at 3.40am.
The suspect is a black man of stocky build and was wearing a checked shirt, blue jeans and dark trainers at the time of attack.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Linda Bradley, from Brent CID, said: “This was a horrendous and sustained attack on an elderly man. We are keen to trace the man in the CCTV footage so we can speak to them about the incident. We would also urge anyone who witnessed the incident to contact us.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 4 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 8 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 9 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 10 We didn't stand up insists QPR boss Warburton in Rotherham defeat