Unmarked police car with officers inside is shot at in Neasden
- Credit: Archant
A gunman has opened fire at an unmarked police car with officers inside on a housing estate in Neasden.
The officers escaped injury after the car was shot at as they carried out enquires in Mitchell Way on the St Raphael’s Estate at around 12.25am this morning.
Police do not currently believe the officers were purposely targeted as gun shots were later found on street furniture and signs in the area.
A resident, who asked not to be named, told the Times the shooting could be connected to feuding gangs as bad feelings between rivals have been simmering since Monday.
He said: “If you enter the estate from a certain road you are seen as an outsider. They might have thought the car was being driven by rivals.”
You may also want to watch:
A second resident added: “We are all shocked by what’s happened and are very concerned that the gang stuff is happening again.
“We want to walk on the road and feel safe about where we live and are fed up of this nonsense.
- 1 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 8 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 9 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 10 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
“No one wants St Raphs to be associated with gun and gang crime.”
Detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating the shootings.
Mitchell Way and surrounding streets are currently cordoned off.
Anyone with information should call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.