Two women arrested after Brent Police find guns and drugs at an address in Kenton
- Credit: Archant
Officers raided the property as part of the Met’s Operation Hawk
Two women have been arrested following the discovery of two shotguns and drugs at an address in Kenton.
Officers from Brent Police raided the house in Shakespeare Drive, as part of a London-wide clampdown on suspected drug dealers in the community.
After storming the address they uncovered the firearms, a bag of ammunition, a CS gas canister and a large amount of drugs believed to be crack cocaine and heroin.
The two women, aged 52 and 31, were arrested for possession of an illegal firearm and possession with intent to supply class A drugs.
The 52-year-old has been bailed to return to a police station on May 28.
The 31-year-old remains in police custody.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 4 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
The arrests were two of 31 across the borough during the day of action which took place yesterday as part of the second phase of Operation Hawk.
Police raided a total of 43 premises in Brent.