Two teens bailed in connection with the death of Colindale’s Vijay Patel in Mill Hill
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers arrested in connection with the death of Colindale’s Vijay Patel, 49, in Mill Hill have been released on bail.
A 15-year-old boy and 16-year-old boy were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder after the father-of-two died in hospital on January 8.
He was found injured in The Broadway at 11.45pm two days earlier.
A post-mortem held at Northwick Park Hospital Mortuary today gave the provisional cause of Mr Patel’s death as head injuries.
Both teenagers attended a central London police station yesterday and have now been bailed pending further enquiries to return on a date yet to be confirmed, Scotland Yard said.
A 16-year-old boy from Brent, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was charged with murder following Mr Patel’s death on January 8 and was due to appear at the Old Bailey today.
Detectives have said Vijay had been at work in his shop on the evening of January 6 when he was confronted by three teenagers.
- 1 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 2 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 3 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 4 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Report shows how much councils spend on electric vehicle chargers
- 8 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
- 9 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 10 ‘Hello, Wembley’: New stage launch kicks off summer of live music
Anyone with any information should contact the Incident Room on 020 8358 0200, tweet information to @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.