Two teens bailed in connection with the death of Colindale’s Vijay Patel in Mill Hill
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers arrested in connection with the death of Colindale’s Vijay Patel, 49, in Mill Hill have been released on bail.
A 15-year-old boy and 16-year-old boy were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder after the father-of-two died in hospital on January 8.
He was found injured in The Broadway at 11.45pm two days earlier.
A post-mortem held at Northwick Park Hospital Mortuary today gave the provisional cause of Mr Patel’s death as head injuries.
Both teenagers attended a central London police station yesterday and have now been bailed pending further enquiries to return on a date yet to be confirmed, Scotland Yard said.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old boy from Brent, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was charged with murder following Mr Patel’s death on January 8 and was due to appear at the Old Bailey today.
Detectives have said Vijay had been at work in his shop on the evening of January 6 when he was confronted by three teenagers.
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 4 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 7 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 8 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 9 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 10 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
Anyone with any information should contact the Incident Room on 020 8358 0200, tweet information to @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.