Two teens bailed in connection with the death of Colindale’s Vijay Patel in Mill Hill
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers arrested in connection with the death of Colindale’s Vijay Patel, 49, in Mill Hill have been released on bail.
A 15-year-old boy and 16-year-old boy were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder after the father-of-two died in hospital on January 8.
He was found injured in The Broadway at 11.45pm two days earlier.
A post-mortem held at Northwick Park Hospital Mortuary today gave the provisional cause of Mr Patel’s death as head injuries.
Both teenagers attended a central London police station yesterday and have now been bailed pending further enquiries to return on a date yet to be confirmed, Scotland Yard said.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old boy from Brent, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was charged with murder following Mr Patel’s death on January 8 and was due to appear at the Old Bailey today.
Detectives have said Vijay had been at work in his shop on the evening of January 6 when he was confronted by three teenagers.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 3 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 4 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 8 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 9 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
Anyone with any information should contact the Incident Room on 020 8358 0200, tweet information to @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.