Two teens bailed in connection with the death of Colindale’s Vijay Patel in Mill Hill
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers arrested in connection with the death of Colindale’s Vijay Patel, 49, in Mill Hill have been released on bail.
A 15-year-old boy and 16-year-old boy were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder after the father-of-two died in hospital on January 8.
He was found injured in The Broadway at 11.45pm two days earlier.
A post-mortem held at Northwick Park Hospital Mortuary today gave the provisional cause of Mr Patel’s death as head injuries.
Both teenagers attended a central London police station yesterday and have now been bailed pending further enquiries to return on a date yet to be confirmed, Scotland Yard said.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old boy from Brent, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was charged with murder following Mr Patel’s death on January 8 and was due to appear at the Old Bailey today.
Detectives have said Vijay had been at work in his shop on the evening of January 6 when he was confronted by three teenagers.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 10 Summer in the City: Five things to do in Brent this weekend
Anyone with any information should contact the Incident Room on 020 8358 0200, tweet information to @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.