Wembley police seeking man who followed two 12-year-old schoolgirls
- Credit: Google
Wembley police are linking two incidents where two 12-year-old girls were followed by a man who "grabbed" one of them by the arm.
On March 11 a 12-year-old girl was followed by a man in Dobbin Close, Harrow, at around 2.10pm.
She managed to lose him near to Belmont Circle, police said.
Five days later on March 16 at a second 12-year-old girl was approached by a man on Neasden Lane at 4.20pm.
He grabbed her arm before running off.
You may also want to watch:
In both cases, the suspect is described as white, slim , about 25 years of age, and was wearing a black zip-up hoodie, and blue facemask.
Schools in the vicinity have been advised of the two incidents and general safety advice has been provided.
DI Jonny Newell, from the North West Command, said: “I know that parents and local residents will be rightly concerned about these incidents, but I would like to reassure them that we are carrying out a number of enquiries in an attempt to trace this individual and continue to provide enhanced patrols within the area.
- 1 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 4 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 5 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 6 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 7 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 10 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
"I would encourage anyone with specific concerns or who wishes to report a similar incident to approach a police officer or make contact via 101.
"In an emergency always call 999.”
Anyone with information should call 101, quoting CAD 5171/16MAR21.