Wembley police seeking man who followed two 12-year-old schoolgirls
- Credit: Google
Wembley police are linking two incidents where two 12-year-old girls were followed by a man who "grabbed" one of them by the arm.
On March 11 a 12-year-old girl was followed by a man in Dobbin Close, Harrow, at around 2.10pm.
She managed to lose him near to Belmont Circle, police said.
Five days later on March 16 at a second 12-year-old girl was approached by a man on Neasden Lane at 4.20pm.
He grabbed her arm before running off.
You may also want to watch:
In both cases, the suspect is described as white, slim , about 25 years of age, and was wearing a black zip-up hoodie, and blue facemask.
Schools in the vicinity have been advised of the two incidents and general safety advice has been provided.
DI Jonny Newell, from the North West Command, said: “I know that parents and local residents will be rightly concerned about these incidents, but I would like to reassure them that we are carrying out a number of enquiries in an attempt to trace this individual and continue to provide enhanced patrols within the area.
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 3 QPR boss Warburton pleased with performance in Leicester draw
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 9 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 10 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
"I would encourage anyone with specific concerns or who wishes to report a similar incident to approach a police officer or make contact via 101.
"In an emergency always call 999.”
Anyone with information should call 101, quoting CAD 5171/16MAR21.