Two men jailed for horrifying hammer attack in busy Colindale street
Victim was chased and beaten following argument in Hurricane Snooker Club in Edgware Road
Two thugs who attacked a man with a hammer following an argument in a Colindale snooker club have been jailed.
Ergys Lina, 28, and Stefan Cristian Craciun, 31, chased their victim on Edgware Road where they kicked and punched and beat him with the hammer on February 19 this year.
Wood Green Crown court heard the 31-year-old man had been playing pool in Hurricane Snooker Club in Edgware Road, when he sat on a chair where Craciun coat had been placed accidentally sitting on it.
Craciun and Lina hurled abuse at the man prompting him to move to another chair but the pair pursued him demanding an apology.
You may also want to watch:
The victim left the club but once outside Lina hit him on the back with a hammer launching his violent attack with Craciun joining in.
The victim managed to momentarily escape their clutches but was chased down the road by the pair who hit him over the head with the hammer and continued punching and kicking him.
- 1 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 6 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 7 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 10 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
They fled when passersby intervened.
Cracium was arrested nearby with the hammer.
The victim sustained injuries to his head, forehead, right leg and both arms.
Both men were charged with wounding with intent but Craciun fled while on bail.
Last week, they were both sentenced to four-and-a-half years in jail.
Craciun will serve his time once he is captured.
DC Sinead Doyle, investigating officers said: “This was an extremely violent attack which took place on a busy public road following a trivial disagreement. I wish to thank the members of public who helped the victim at the scene and assisted police with the investigation.”
Making an appeal for information leading to Craciun’s whereabouts, she added: “We would ask members of the public to take note of the photograph of Craciun printed here and immediately contact police if they see him.”