Two men in court in connection with theft of �500,000 Guarnerius violin in Cricklewood
Sought after instrument was stolen in a house burglary
Two men have appeared in court charged in connection with the theft of a Guarnerius violin stolen in a Cricklewood burglary.
Dean Barton, 23, of Brassey Road, Kilburn, is accused of two counts of handling stolen goods including the instrument which is worth �500,000.
John Powles, 24, is charged with breaking into the Cricklewood property on August 17 from where the violin was stolen.
Both men appeared before Hendon Magistrates’ Court on Saturday (25).
You may also want to watch:
Barton was remanded in custody to appear before Hendon Magistrates Court on Friday (31).
Powles was bailed to return to Hendon Magistrates’ Curt on September 21.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 5 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire