Two men in court in connection with theft of �500,000 Guarnerius violin in Cricklewood
Sought after instrument was stolen in a house burglary
Two men have appeared in court charged in connection with the theft of a Guarnerius violin stolen in a Cricklewood burglary.
Dean Barton, 23, of Brassey Road, Kilburn, is accused of two counts of handling stolen goods including the instrument which is worth �500,000.
John Powles, 24, is charged with breaking into the Cricklewood property on August 17 from where the violin was stolen.
Both men appeared before Hendon Magistrates’ Court on Saturday (25).
You may also want to watch:
Barton was remanded in custody to appear before Hendon Magistrates Court on Friday (31).
Powles was bailed to return to Hendon Magistrates’ Curt on September 21.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 3 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 4 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 5 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 6 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 7 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 10 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid