Two men arrested over Harlesden drive-by shooting murder
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have arrested two men in connection with the murder of an innocent bystander in a drive-by shooting in Harlesden.
Oliver Tetlow, 27, from Harlesden, died after a gunman opened fire in Church Road on Wednesday at around 10pm.
The killer used a ‘high-powered weapon’ believed to be an ‘Uzi’ before fleeing in a dark coloured car with blacked out windows.
A 29-year-old man was arrested in Shepherd’s Bush on suspicion of murder and an 18-year-old was held in Harlesden on suspicion of robbery.
Detectives investigating the killing are looking into claims the murder is gang-related after a video showing gang members from the Church End Estate taunting their rivals in South Kilburn was posted online.
You may also want to watch:
The footage shows a man holding a gold watch and several pieces of jewellery which is believed to have been robbed from a South Kilburn rival.
Detective Chief Inspector Mark Lawson, who is leading the murder hunt, has appealed to anyone who may have images or footage of the shooting to contact the incident room or Crimestoppers.
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 6 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 7 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 8 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 9 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
- 10 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
He said: “The investigation to identify and arrest those responsible for this senseless murder is moving at a very fast pace, and I would like to thank everyone who has so far come forward and spoken to the police.
“At this early stage in the investigation, we are exploring that the shooting was gang related - however I am satisfied that the victim was not the intended target and this was a tragic case of mistaken identity.
“Early indications are that shots were fired from an automatic weapon, although a firearm has not been recovered so we cannot speculate on the exact type.
“We do know that the victim was shot by a male who got out of a dark coloured vehicle. After the shooting, this vehicle then travelled south along Church Street towards Harlesden Town Centre. I would like to hear from anyone who saw a vehicle which perhaps caught their attention.
“We are aware of information about the murder which is circulating via social media, and I would appeal to anyone who has information which could assist the investigation to contact police.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact police on 020 8358 0200 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.