Two men arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following Kensal Green hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
Cyclist, 23, was injured in collision outside Queen’s Park Library on June 30
Detectives investigating a hit-and-run smash in Kensal Green that left a cyclist injured have arrested two men on suspicion of attempted murder.
The two were held yesterday following the collision involving a silver coloured Hyundai outside Queen’s Park Library in Harrow Road, on June 30 at around 1.15pm.
The 23-year-old man suffered injuries to his head and arms and was taken to hospital in a non-life threatening condition.
Officers recovered a silver coloured Hyundai i30 registration number EO62 ZNT which was found abandoned outside Carlton Vale infants’ school in Malvern Place, Kilburn, the day after the crash.
The vehicle had extensive windscreen damage and had dents on its roof.
The car, which had been hired, was stolen from Portgate Close in Kilburn, after 11pm on June 29.
- 1 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 2 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 3 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 4 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 5 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 6 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 7 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 8 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 9 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 10 How to lose weight by eating fat and being full
The theft was reported to the police on the morning of July 1.
The two men have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.