Two arrested in Harlesden as part of the Met’s Operation Big Wing
- Credit: Archant
Two arrests were made today after police raided a skip hire and commercial waste business as part of the Met’s Operation Big Wing.
Officers descended on premises in Waxlow Road, Harlesden, with a theft warrant following a tip off about “illegal activity” at the site.
Two men were arrested in relation to immigration issues and one of them was also arrested on suspicion of theft.
Immigration officials and the Environment Agency also attended the raid.
Det Sgt Stuart McKechnie of Brent Police said: “This is an excellent example of a joint approach working in partnership with multi agencies in conjunction with a further 20 search warrants executed on Brent during Operation Big Wing.”
You may also want to watch:
Operation Big Wing is a London-wide initiative aiming to drive down personal theft offences and promote crime prevention awareness amongst the public.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park