Two arrested in Harlesden as part of the Met’s Operation Big Wing
- Credit: Archant
Two arrests were made today after police raided a skip hire and commercial waste business as part of the Met’s Operation Big Wing.
Officers descended on premises in Waxlow Road, Harlesden, with a theft warrant following a tip off about “illegal activity” at the site.
Two men were arrested in relation to immigration issues and one of them was also arrested on suspicion of theft.
Immigration officials and the Environment Agency also attended the raid.
Det Sgt Stuart McKechnie of Brent Police said: “This is an excellent example of a joint approach working in partnership with multi agencies in conjunction with a further 20 search warrants executed on Brent during Operation Big Wing.”
You may also want to watch:
Operation Big Wing is a London-wide initiative aiming to drive down personal theft offences and promote crime prevention awareness amongst the public.
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property