Two 15-year-old boys held as police arrest 11 after seizing drugs and cash in raids across Westminster
- Credit: Archant
Two 15-year-old schoolboys are among 11 people arrested this morning after police seized drugs and cash in simultaneous dawn raids in Maida Vale and 13 other addressees.
Officers from Westminster Police and the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command stormed 14 properties at 6.30am targeting suspected drug dealers and violent criminals operating in the Pimlico area.
Officers seized large quantities of crack cocaine, heroin and cannabis and around £2,000 cash during the raids which were carried out in support of Operation Sceptre; a week-long initiative tackling knife crime.
In addition to the Maida Vale property, officers raided 11 addresses in Pimlico, one in West Brompton and one in Battersea resulting in the arrests.
Detective Superintendent Jess Ruddell from Westminster Police, said: “Drug dealing and the anti-social behaviour and violence generated by it can blight communities.
You may also want to watch:
“The people of Pimlico raised concerns about these issues and over the past few months Westminster Police has worked closely with the Trident officers and borough partners to address those concerns. Today sees that activity coming to fruition.”
Cllr Nickie Aiken, Westminster Council’s cabinet member for public protection, added: “Local people in Pimlico will be pleased to see the police responding to community concerns and taking action.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
This sends a clear sign that we will not accept drug dealing and the violent crime and anti-social behaviour which is associated with it.”
All are currently in police custody.