Tube passenger beaten and robbed on Metropolitan Line train in Wembley
Victim left with serious facial injuries after being headbutted
Police have released CCTV image of two suspects they would like to speak to in connection with a violent robbery which left a man with serious facial injuries
The 34-year-old victim was hit over the head and headbutted by two robbers as he travelled on a Metropolitan Line train towards Preston Road.
The passenger, who lives in Eastcote, had boarded the train at Wembley Park station when one of the robbers tried to steal his phone before hitting him repeatedly over the head.
His accomplice joined in the attack and headbutted the victim before they both fled the train at Preston Road station.
The victim was treated for serious facial injuries in hospital.
Detective Constable Keith McEwan from the British Transport Police (BTP) is investigating the attack which took place on May 30 at around 2.30pm.
- 1 Three found guilty of murder for involvement in fatal gunfight
- 2 A Level results 2022: Brent schools as they come in
- 3 Brent triple shooting leaves victims in hospital
- 4 ‘A Windrush Lioness’: Tributes paid to Harlesden resident Lera Clarke
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 8 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 9 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 10 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
He said: “The victim had done nothing to provoke or encourage the attack and was left extremely shaken.
“The CCTV footage is clear and I’m sure someone will recognise the men pictured. I’d like to encourage anyone with information to come forward as soon as possible.”
Anyone who recognises the men or with any other information should call BTP on 0800 40 50 40, quoting log B7/LUA of 14/06/2012.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.