Trial underway of four men and a boy, 15, accused of murdering Yasir Bashira in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a 15-year-old boy who allegedly gunned down a man in Kilburn has started with four other men implicated in the killing.
The teenager, who can’t be named for legal reasons, is accused of murdering 21-year-old Yasir Beshira, known to friends as Loopy, in Netherwood Street, off Kilburn High Road, on December 8.
Sammi Tesfazgi, 20, of Camden, Rilind Tahiri, 22, from Islington, Kim McFarland, 58, of Belsize Park, and Ashley McFarland, 36, of Hertford, are appearing alongside him at the Old Bailey trial, which started on August 14.
They are all accused of assisting an offender.
Tesfazgi and Tahiri allegedly drove the teenager, now 16, to and from the scene in a stolen Range Rover.
You may also want to watch:
It is claimed he then lay in wait behind restaurant bins, stepping forward when Mr Beshira appeared, firing a shot at his chest.
The defendants all deny charges against them. The trial continues.
- 1 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 10 Charlie Cooper guides Wealdstone to victory at King's Lynn Town