Trial underway of four men and a boy, 15, accused of murdering Yasir Bashira in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a 15-year-old boy who allegedly gunned down a man in Kilburn has started with four other men implicated in the killing.
The teenager, who can’t be named for legal reasons, is accused of murdering 21-year-old Yasir Beshira, known to friends as Loopy, in Netherwood Street, off Kilburn High Road, on December 8.
Sammi Tesfazgi, 20, of Camden, Rilind Tahiri, 22, from Islington, Kim McFarland, 58, of Belsize Park, and Ashley McFarland, 36, of Hertford, are appearing alongside him at the Old Bailey trial, which started on August 14.
They are all accused of assisting an offender.
Tesfazgi and Tahiri allegedly drove the teenager, now 16, to and from the scene in a stolen Range Rover.
You may also want to watch:
It is claimed he then lay in wait behind restaurant bins, stepping forward when Mr Beshira appeared, firing a shot at his chest.
The defendants all deny charges against them. The trial continues.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 6 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 7 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids