Tottenham man given life sentence for Middlesex University murder in Hendon
- Credit: Archant
A Tottenham man has been jailed for life today for the murder of a 22-year-old at a Halloween party held in a university campus in Hendon.
Kevin Mao, 20, stabbed to death Noor Hassan Barre at the event hosted at Middlesex University by the institute’s African Caribbean Society.
The Old Bailey head the pair become embroiled in an argument outside the party after Mao made a flirtatious comment towards Mr Noor’s female friend.
The row culminated with Mao taking a knife from his waistband and plunging it in to his victim’s chest.
Mr Noor managed to run a few yards before collapsing.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics carried out emergency surgery at the scene but he died on at St Mary’s Hospital.
Mao was convicted yesterday and sentenced to a minimum tariff of 26 years.
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 3 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 4 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 5 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Young winners excel at Queen's Park Book Festival
- 8 Crowds flock to Queen's Park Book Festival 2021
- 9 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 10 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
Detective Chief Inspector Simon Ashwin, investigating officer, said: “This is another tragic waste of life resulting from a young man carrying a knife. Noor Barre’s murder will have long lasting consequences for all the families involved.
“I would like to express my thanks to everyone at Middlesex University for all their assistance with our investigation.”