Tottenham man appears in court charged with murdering his baby son
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A Polish man from Tottenham accused of murdering his six-month-old son appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday.
The court heard claims that Piotr Sobczyk, 26, of Trulock Road, inflicted a fatal head injury on baby Oskar at their home.
The child was taken to hospital after paramedics were called to the address at around 1.45pm on January 23.
He was later transferred to Great Ormond Street Hospital but died three days later.
Sobczyk appeared in court by video link for a preliminary hearing and was assisted by a Polish interpreter.
You may also want to watch:
No bail application was made and he was remanded in custody by judge Wendy Joseph QC.
Sobczyk will next appear in court for a plea and case management hearing on May 11.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer