Tottenham man appears in court charged with murdering his baby son
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A Polish man from Tottenham accused of murdering his six-month-old son appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday.
The court heard claims that Piotr Sobczyk, 26, of Trulock Road, inflicted a fatal head injury on baby Oskar at their home.
The child was taken to hospital after paramedics were called to the address at around 1.45pm on January 23.
He was later transferred to Great Ormond Street Hospital but died three days later.
Sobczyk appeared in court by video link for a preliminary hearing and was assisted by a Polish interpreter.
You may also want to watch:
No bail application was made and he was remanded in custody by judge Wendy Joseph QC.
Sobczyk will next appear in court for a plea and case management hearing on May 11.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 3 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 4 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 5 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 6 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 7 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids