Tottenham man appears in court charged with murdering his baby son
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A Polish man from Tottenham accused of murdering his six-month-old son appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday.
The court heard claims that Piotr Sobczyk, 26, of Trulock Road, inflicted a fatal head injury on baby Oskar at their home.
The child was taken to hospital after paramedics were called to the address at around 1.45pm on January 23.
He was later transferred to Great Ormond Street Hospital but died three days later.
Sobczyk appeared in court by video link for a preliminary hearing and was assisted by a Polish interpreter.
You may also want to watch:
No bail application was made and he was remanded in custody by judge Wendy Joseph QC.
Sobczyk will next appear in court for a plea and case management hearing on May 11.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 3 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley