Tottenham man appears in court charged with murdering his baby son
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A Polish man from Tottenham accused of murdering his six-month-old son appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday.
The court heard claims that Piotr Sobczyk, 26, of Trulock Road, inflicted a fatal head injury on baby Oskar at their home.
The child was taken to hospital after paramedics were called to the address at around 1.45pm on January 23.
He was later transferred to Great Ormond Street Hospital but died three days later.
Sobczyk appeared in court by video link for a preliminary hearing and was assisted by a Polish interpreter.
You may also want to watch:
No bail application was made and he was remanded in custody by judge Wendy Joseph QC.
Sobczyk will next appear in court for a plea and case management hearing on May 11.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Fenerbahce announce signing of QPR’s Bright Osayi-Samuel
- 3 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 4 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 7 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 8 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 9 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 10 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club