Three arrested in connection with Wembley nightclub shooting
Woman shot as she celebrated her 18th birthday at Crystals in South Way, on New Years Eve
Three men have been arrested and bailed in connection with a shooting in a nightclub in Wembley that left a teenager injured.
Ra Ra Makaveli was shot in the leg after a gunman burst into Crystals nightclub in South Way, in the early hours of New Years Eve.
The 18-year-old was celebrating her milestone birthday when shots were fired at around 4am.
Detectives from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that investigates gun crime in London, apprehended the trio on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
They have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Recalling the incident, Miss Makaveli said: “There was a big flash and people started running out. Everyone was trying to squeeze through one door and stepping over each other.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 9 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 10 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
“I ran out with them not realising I had been shot but I collapsed I when I got outside and when I lifted my dress I saw a big hole on my leg.
“I was initially told I had been hit by a firework but when I got to the hospital the police told me I had been shot.”
Following the shooting Brent Police obtained a 24-hour closure which forced the venue to close its doors on New Years Eve following the incident.
The club’s owner has since voluntarily agreed to keep the venue closed until mid-January.
A spokesman for Brent Police told the Times the club’s owners will be meeting with officers Thursday where they will discuss the club’s security methods.