Teenager stabbed to death in Park Royal following mass brawl
- Credit: MPS
A murder investigation is underway after a teenager was fatally stabbed in Park Royal.
The 18-year-old man was knifed to death after a mass brawl broke out at a warehouse party in Coronation Road in the early hours of this morning.
Police believe there were 50 people or more at the party where a fight broke out inside.
The brawl spilled outside into the Coronation Road industrial estate where the teenager was stabbed.
Another man was treated at the scene for a head injury.
You may also want to watch:
Police and paramedics were called to the scene just after 2.30am to reports of a stabbing.
They tried to save the teenager’s life but he was rushed to a central hospital where he was pronounced dead just after 4.30am.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 9 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 10 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
Next of kin have been informed but formal identification is yet to take place.
A post-mortem examination is due to take place.
Detectives from the homicide and major crime command are investigating and appealing for any witnesses or information.
Det Ch Insp Luke Marks, leading the investigation, said: “At this early stage we believe the victim had attended a party at a warehouse type venue on an industrial estate in Coronation Road. It’s believed around 40-50 people were there but it may have been more.
“At some point an altercation began inside, and then may have spilled outside, which resulted in the victim being stabbed.
Another man was treated at the scene for a head injury and it may be that others were injured too - we would appeal for those people to come forward.
“At this stage we don’t know what sparked the altercation and we would appeal for any witnesses or anyone with information to speak to us as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8358 0200, or police via 101 or Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.
There have been no arrests at this stage and enquiries continue.