Teenager’s warning after knifepoint robbery as Iphone sold through app Shpock

Chadwick Road (Picture: Google)

Chadwick Road (Picture: Google) - Credit: Archant

A teenager is warning others to be cautious after she was robbed at knifepoint as she sold her phone in Harlesden.

Lourassa Campbell was selling her Apple iPhone 7 for £280 after meeting the buyer through car boot sale app Shpock.

She was with the young man in Chadwick Road on January 7 when both were robbed by another man passing on a bicycle. The 18-year-old, from Harlesden, had agreed to meet the 17-year-old boy to hand over the phone for cash when they were targeted. She said: “The boy said there was an estate near Roundwood Park and told me to meet him there the next day. He was late so I called him on my iPhone X.

“I handed him the iPhone 7 and he took out the first £100 from his jacket and gave it to me.

“As he was counting out the rest a boy came up on his bike, took the money out of his hand and came up to me and pushed me over. He had a knife in one hand and with the other he took the iphone X I had out of my hand and the money and stomped on me.”

She said passersby were alerted to her screams and called the police, adding: “The police took both our statements. Afterwards the policeman told me it could have been a stitch up. The guy on the bike took both the phones and all the money like he knew we’d be there.

“I don’t have a problem with the app, it’s a legitimate business but I just want people to be careful.”

Most Read

Police confirmed they are investigating whether the robbery was a set up and no arrests had been made. They are seeking a black man in his 20s, slim, who was wearing a black puffa jacket and grey stonewash-coloured jeans.

A police spokesman said: “An 18-year-old woman had arranged to meet the second victim, a 17-year-old male, to buy a mobile phone.

“During the exchange, they were approached by an unknown male on a bicycle said to have been carrying a machete.

“He demanded the mobile phone and money from the woman, and kicked and swung the weapon at the 17-year-old male. He was not seriously injured. The suspect made off. Our enquiries continue.”

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter