Teenager denies murdering two sisters in Fryent Country Park
- Credit: Met Police
A teenager has pleaded not guilty to murder after two sisters were stabbed to death in a Kingsbury park.
Danyal Hussein, 19, is accused of stabbing Nicole Smallman, 27, and Bibaa Henry, 46, multiple times in Fryent Country Park in the early hours of Saturday, June 6 last year.
Social worker Bibaa, from Brent, and photographer Nicole, from Harrow, had met friends to celebrate Bibaa's birthday.
Their bodies were found together minutes from the Valley Drive entrance of the park on June 7.
Mr Hussein, of Guy Barnett Grove, Blackheath, was arrested at his home on July 1 and charged with double murder and possessing a knife.
You may also want to watch:
At a hearing at the Old Bailey on March 11, attended by members of the sisters’ family, he pleaded not guilty to all the charges.
Mr Hussein, who is in custody, will go on trial before Mrs Justice Whipple from June 7.
- 1 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 4 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 5 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 6 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 7 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 10 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
The Old Bailey trial is due to go on for up to three weeks.