Teenager accused of Kilburn murder claims he was robbed at knifepoint
Youth told the Old Bailey he was accosted by up to six youths who stole his Blackberry
A teenager accused of stabbing a man to death on a sports pitch told jurors today he was robbed at knifepoint on the same estate.
The 17-year-old is said to have taken part in a planned gang attack on 20 year-old Milad Golmakani in the Mortimer Crescent estate in Kilburn, on April 20 last year.
The Old Bailey heard claims that the youth, who can not be named for legal reasons, was one of four young men who travelled to the scene by taxi to carry out the murder.
But the boy claimed that they went to the estate to buy cannabis - only to be confronted by a group of hooded youths.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I got to the pitch, got out my Blackberry phone and about five or six boys came towards me.
“I felt a bit intimidated, put my phone back in my pocket and they asked me ‘’Give me your phone’.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 4 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 10 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes
“I said no. One of them punched me in my face. Another one had a knife and tried to stab me in my face.
“I put my hand up to defend myself and got stabbed in my hand.”
The teenager said he got back in the taxi with co-defendant Sean Hutton, 19, and two men he knew by the street names ‘Iceman’ and ‘Toothpick.’
Jurors have heard Mr Golmakani was stabbed 14 times and his friend Zain Salahuddin was stabbed in the right shoulder but survived.
The four accused are Sean Hutton, Sean Ferdinand and Mohammed Hashi, all 19, and the 17 year-old, who cannot be named because of his age.
Hutton, the 17-year-old, both from Belsize Park, Ferdinand, from Chalk Farm, and Hashi, from Enfield, all, deny murder, attempted murder and wounding with intent.
The trial continues.