Teenage boy from Brent charged with shopkeeper murder
- Credit: PA
A 16 year-old boy from Brent has been charged with the murder of a shopkeeper in Mill Hill.
Emergency services were called to The Broadway at 11.45pm on January 6.
The boy, who can’t be named for legal reasons, was charged yesterday evening with the murder of Vijay Patel from Colindale.
The 49-year-old died in hospital on Monday evening after spending two days fighting for his life.
He was found lying injured on the pavement outside a convenience shop, said police.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Ian Lott, from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “I would like to thank the witnesses who have already come forward and told us what they saw. However, I would still urge anyone who is yet to speak with us, or who has captured some of the incident on camera, to come forward to help us. If you saw something that may help but haven’t yet spoken to police then please get in contact with us.”
People are asked to contact the Incident Room on 020 8358 0200, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 3 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 QPR eager to start climbing the table when they face Derby
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Warburton praises QPR character in win at Cardiff
- 10 Willock earns QPR win in Wales