Teenage boy from Brent charged with shopkeeper murder
- Credit: PA
A 16 year-old boy from Brent has been charged with the murder of a shopkeeper in Mill Hill.
Emergency services were called to The Broadway at 11.45pm on January 6.
The boy, who can’t be named for legal reasons, was charged yesterday evening with the murder of Vijay Patel from Colindale.
The 49-year-old died in hospital on Monday evening after spending two days fighting for his life.
He was found lying injured on the pavement outside a convenience shop, said police.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Ian Lott, from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “I would like to thank the witnesses who have already come forward and told us what they saw. However, I would still urge anyone who is yet to speak with us, or who has captured some of the incident on camera, to come forward to help us. If you saw something that may help but haven’t yet spoken to police then please get in contact with us.”
People are asked to contact the Incident Room on 020 8358 0200, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'