Teenage boy from Brent charged with shopkeeper murder
- Credit: PA
A 16 year-old boy from Brent has been charged with the murder of a shopkeeper in Mill Hill.
Emergency services were called to The Broadway at 11.45pm on January 6.
The boy, who can’t be named for legal reasons, was charged yesterday evening with the murder of Vijay Patel from Colindale.
The 49-year-old died in hospital on Monday evening after spending two days fighting for his life.
He was found lying injured on the pavement outside a convenience shop, said police.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Ian Lott, from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “I would like to thank the witnesses who have already come forward and told us what they saw. However, I would still urge anyone who is yet to speak with us, or who has captured some of the incident on camera, to come forward to help us. If you saw something that may help but haven’t yet spoken to police then please get in contact with us.”
People are asked to contact the Incident Room on 020 8358 0200, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 8 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat