Teenage boy from Brent charged with shopkeeper murder
- Credit: PA
A 16 year-old boy from Brent has been charged with the murder of a shopkeeper in Mill Hill.
Emergency services were called to The Broadway at 11.45pm on January 6.
The boy, who can’t be named for legal reasons, was charged yesterday evening with the murder of Vijay Patel from Colindale.
The 49-year-old died in hospital on Monday evening after spending two days fighting for his life.
He was found lying injured on the pavement outside a convenience shop, said police.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Ian Lott, from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “I would like to thank the witnesses who have already come forward and told us what they saw. However, I would still urge anyone who is yet to speak with us, or who has captured some of the incident on camera, to come forward to help us. If you saw something that may help but haven’t yet spoken to police then please get in contact with us.”
People are asked to contact the Incident Room on 020 8358 0200, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 6 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 7 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 10 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens