Girl, 14, sexually assaulted on Tube by man who asked for her Snapchat
- Credit: BTP
A 14-year-old girl was sexually assaulted on the Tube by a man who tried to add her on Snapchat, police say.
The teenager was reportedly travelling home on a Jubilee line train around 7.15pm on September 18 last year when a man got on at Wembley Park Station, sat opposite her and asked for her age.
She told him she was 14 and he asked for her username on social media app Snapchat.
The girl then moved away from the man towards the doors, ready to get off the service.
But the man allegedly followed her and said “I want to chill with you” before sexually assaulting her.
The girl got off the train at Neasden Underground Station, while the man stayed onboard.
Officers investigating the incident have released a CCTV image of a man who may have information which could assist them.
- 1 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 2 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 3 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 4 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 5 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 6 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 7 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 8 How to lose weight by eating fat and being full
- 9 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 10 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
Anyone who recognises him, or has any information, is asked to contact British Transport Police by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 and quoting reference 633 of 18/09/21.
Alternatively, they can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.