Girl, 14, sexually assaulted on Tube by man who asked for her Snapchat
- Credit: BTP
A 14-year-old girl was sexually assaulted on the Tube by a man who tried to add her on Snapchat, police say.
The teenager was reportedly travelling home on a Jubilee line train around 7.15pm on September 18 last year when a man got on at Wembley Park Station, sat opposite her and asked for her age.
She told him she was 14 and he asked for her username on social media app Snapchat.
The girl then moved away from the man towards the doors, ready to get off the service.
But the man allegedly followed her and said “I want to chill with you” before sexually assaulting her.
The girl got off the train at Neasden Underground Station, while the man stayed onboard.
Officers investigating the incident have released a CCTV image of a man who may have information which could assist them.
- 1 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 4 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 10 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
Anyone who recognises him, or has any information, is asked to contact British Transport Police by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 and quoting reference 633 of 18/09/21.
Alternatively, they can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.