Teen accused of Dollis Hill murder claims he was a witness not a killer
- Credit: Archant
Boy, 17, told the Old Bailey he wasn’t near Luke Fitzpatrick of his father Bernard
A teenager accused of stabbing a Dollis man to death on the night of the Champions League final claimed he was a witness not a killer.
The 17-year-old said he was running away when 25 year-old Luke Fitzpatrick and his father Bernard, 56, were attacked in Alder Grove, Dollis Hill, on May 19 last year.
He denied prosecution claims he was carrying a knife and that he cut his hand during the murder.
The teenager told the Old Bailey that he just happened to be in the area when a gang of hoodies tried to storm the Ox and Gate pub on Coles Green Road.
You may also want to watch:
Drinkers chased them off and the double stabbing took place away from the pub.
The teen claims he was running away when he was hit by an object and cut on the hand.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 3 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
Detectives later found his bloodstained glove on the other side of a fence in a building site.
Prosecutor Brian Altman QC asked: “So what was happening is you were so in fear you turned around and ran in the opposite direction. Can you explain how it is something hits you on the back of your hand?’
The teenager replied: “As I was turning around to look back I saw something flying and I put my hand up.”
He said he followed the group round into Alder Grove and then carried on to the estate where he got into his friend’s car.
He claimed he wasn’t near the victims when the stabbings took place.
Walters and two 17 year-olds from Mill Hill and Cricklewood, deny murder, attempted murder and the lesser alternative of wounding with intent.
Walters admits violent disorder but the two 17 year-olds deny the charge.
Four others also deny violent disorder relating to the attack on the pub.
The trial continues.